? for Cheesecake Recipe

Worknprogress

Cathlete
I am making a cheesecake that has a chocolate crust. The recipe calls for crushed chocolate "wafers." The accompanying picture shows the crust to be quite dark so I don't think they mean cookies, like Oreos, or do they?

I went to the store and got all of my ingredients but those. I thought maybe the company that made the Vanilla Wafers made chocolate as well. If they do, my store doesn't carry them.

Would appreciate some help here. The sauce has fresh raspberries in it which I already bought so I am on a bit of a time line.

Thanks!

Debbie, They do make chocolate Vanilla Wafer-type cookies but why have that when you can have Oreos?!:D

Kate - do you think I could use Oreos? I have no problem with that - yum yum. I've just really been enjoying cooking/baking in the last couple of years so I am a bit of a novice. So when a recipe calls for something specific, I am a bit lost sometimes when I can't find that "specific" thing.

Debbie, I'm guessing they mean Famous Wafers. They are like Oreos but without the filling. They are usually found near the ice cream section of the grocery, near the sprinkles, cones, hot fudge, etc.
I18733-2004Jul27

Oh, and I highly recommend the refrigerator roll recipe on the side of the box...yummy!

They mean the wafer cookies the prev poster put up. Not all stores carry them. You can use chocolate Nilla wafers or chocolate graham crackers as a sub. Oreos won't work as a straight sub because of the goo in the middle. It changes the consistancey of the crust. You'd have to lick all the goo out first :p

Nan

Thanks everyone for the info. Off to the store today!

Lisa - I made pumpkin cheesecake years ago. Adding ginger snaps sounds really yummy!

In our baking aisle you can get a box of chocolate or graham cracker crumbs for your crust. I like to use some of the Oreo filling in the crust when I use the cookies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.