For anyone who has the Pull/Push Tower

jewels918

Cathlete
Any info would be a huge help to me! I'm trying to decide if I should buy it..

Can it also be used as a squat rack? I know it's not made for that, but would it work? I'm trying to avoid having to buy more equipment than I have to...

Thanks!

don't think I would use it as a squat rack although it does hold a barbell but it doesn't have the catch clips.
personally, I love my push/pull tower from Atlus. I've gotten most use from it in Meso 3.
The guys have a proper squat rack on STS, which is designed for safety in case the barbell is dropped.

Thank you very much, JT! That helps a lot! This is all so confusing, although I'm probably making much more of it than I need to....lol

I love my tower! It's great with STS for all the barbell work (but I agree I wouldn't use it as a squat rack), and pull-ups, but I also use mine as a ballet bar for barre workouts. One of the best fitness purchases ever!

It's very easy to take apart and move around, also.

I love my tower! It's great with STS for all the barbell work (but I agree I wouldn't use it as a squat rack), and pull-ups, but I also use mine as a ballet bar for barre workouts. One of the best fitness purchases ever!

It's very easy to take apart and move around, also.

I'm convinced!! Thanks so much! I don't think I'll be able to fully lift my body weight using a regular chin up bar...lol So this would definitely come in handy! Thank you again!

Linda

Linda,
If you haven't purchased yet, amazon.com has the same tower (Altus turbo tower) on sale for $68 plus FREE SHIPPING! I purchased mine last week and it should be delivered tomorrow or Saturday. I didn't want you to miss out on the great price!!
Paula

Linda,
If you haven't purchased yet, amazon.com has the same tower (Altus turbo tower) on sale for $68 plus FREE SHIPPING! I purchased mine last week and it should be delivered tomorrow or Saturday. I didn't want you to miss out on the great price!!
Paula

Hi Paula,

I just now saw your post and thank you so much! I actually did see it, and I purchased it! I think it will be delivered today! I'm so excited :D Thanks, again!

I have a question about the tower. I workout in my bedroom but don't have the room to store the tower there. I will have to keep it in the basement and bring it up whenever I need it. Does each leg comes a part and the base is seperate so that I can go few times and bring the parts up (and get some exercise doing so :)) TIA

If you choose to you can completely disassemble it every time. The base breaks down into 4 pieces...8 pieces total. HTH.

If you choose to you can completely disassemble it every time. The base breaks down into 4 pieces...8 pieces total. HTH.

This is what I was thinking. And if you did this, maybe you can find a place closer to store it (like under the bed?) to make it easier so that you would be more inclined to use it (I know for me, the harder it is to access something, the less likely I am to use it - just ask my hubby about all of my kitchen gadgets down in the laundry room :rolleyes: )

That is, unless...of course...you...WANT...to walk down to your basement every time.... :confused:

In that case, don't let me stop you (to each his own, lol :D )

The problem is that the base is the only part that actually SCREWS together so you would have to screw and unscrew it every time. It's much easier if you can store the base as one piece and then disassemble the top part. I store it in 2 pieces but you can completely disassemble/reassemble the top with relative ease.

how high is the base?

I have a full home olympic-sized workout gym thingy (that I bought "for DH" ;) ), and also a pull-up bar already, so I'm not as familiar w/the push/pull tower

Oh gosh I am horrible with guessing dimensions and I'm not home to measure. Perhaps I can remember to measure it when I get home for you!

If you have a pull up bar and an olympic work out station, what would you use the tower for?

Oh, not for me,lol (sorry for not being clear) I was thinking of recommending to someone, plus I was just thinking for the OP and others who may be thinking that they don't have room for it. Wondering if it's too high to slide under furniture (vs her having to carry it to the basement).

I was just telling someone that it was pretty cool, but the "where to store it" thing comes up a lot, & since I wasn't familiar I didn't know what to say :/

Ahhh ok gotcha! I know people were talking about sliding the base under their beds but it seemed too high for that and I am not one who will be unscrewing the base in order to store it. :p I prefer to have my stuff all in my w/o room anyway or I won't use it as much so I have mine standing up between a wall and a storage cabinet in my w/o room and the top part fits there nicely with the base and my kettlebells too! :)

Thank you so much for answering. Do you think the base would fit in the door frame? I don't think I would like to to screw and un-screw it each time. TIA

I put the tower together for the first time in my livingroom and then realized I couldn't get it through my work out room door in one piece b/c the base was too wide. I had to break it down into 2 pieces and then I could turn the base sideways and get it through the door. I didn't need to unscrew it, just separate it from the rest of the unit.

HTH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.