Fluffy Summer Reading

BadLeslie

Cathlete
Hello!

Summer is upon us, and I would love suggestions for good reading. I got some great ideas from the Open discussion Forum last year, including "the Pact" by Jodi Picoult, and "the Ghost Writer" by John Harwood. I would love some other suggestions with a synopsis of them if possible. Thanks, Leslie

Hmm...

Well, I'm 34, but I loved the 'Traveling Pants' series (by Ann Brashares), particularly the first three books.

"I Feel Bad About My Neck" by Nora Ephron is a great book filled with short, true stories about aging and just being a woman. It is very funny.

Pretty much anything by David Sedaris or Nick Hornby is a winner.

"Damage" by Josephine Hart is a short, quick read. Intense, but good.

Both "Shopgirl" and "The Pleasure of My Company" by Steve Martin are short, fun reads.

"The Book Thief" is very good young-adult fiction.

"Sickened" by Julie Gregory and "The Glass Castle" by Jeanette Walls are sad yet well-written memoirs.

"The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon is a good book.

I am the self proclaimed "Fluffy Queen":)

My recent reads include:

Wacky Chicks-Simon Doonan

Eccentric Glamour-Simon Doonan

Are You There God Its Me Vodka?-Chelsea Handler

My Horizontal Life-Chelsea Handler

Bringing Home the Birkin-forgot the authors name

Also, anything by Jen Lancaster is a scream!:7

I like Jennifer Weiner books in the summer. Good in Bed, In Her Shoes and Little Earthquakes. I really enjoyed Little Earthquakes (though it had kind of a surreal ending).

Absolutely anything by Janet Evanovich, Jennifer Crusie, or Sophie Kinsella. I LOVE them!! Complete fluff, but oh-so-fun!

Tneah--I've GOT to go check out those Chelsea Handler books you mentioned! She's hysterical. I didn't even know she had books out! Thanks!

ETA: I'll just chime in here on Beavs' behalf and say that anything by Tosca Reno is the perfect summer fluff reading...;)

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I second anything by Janet Evanovich and Jennifer Weiner.

Sue Grafton - Alphabet mysteries
Anything by Lee Child and Greg Iles
The Rum Diary - Hunter S. Thompson
A Fine Dark Line and The Bottoms - Joe R. Lansdale
The Center of Everything - Laura Moriarity
Tallgrass - Sandra Dallas
Pink Slip - Rita Ciresi
Girls' Poker Night - Jill A. Davis
The Song Reader - Lisa Tucker

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.