Flat Irons? CHI or Ginalli? etc.

Heidisue

Cathlete
I am wanting to buy a really good flat iron that will help staighten my way frizzy, wavy/curly hair. My friend mentioned CHI but before I talked to her I was thinking GInalli? Which is the best for Shine and straightening, and is fast?

I'm a hair dresser and if you really wanna get a great flat iron try a GHD flat iron. Gets really hot really fast and straighens crzy curly hair without trouble.

I have a Chi too and love it...had it for about two years and it works like new! (Hope I don't jinx myself!)

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

I have super frizzy, thick, wavy hair, but unfortunately am a poverty stricken student and have to make do with my WalMart Revlon. If you can afford a CHI, congrats! In my experience, curved plates make a world of difference as well as pulling your hair straight with a comb as you pull the straightener through.

They are both good, but I personally would go with the CHI. Get their Silk Infision and put it on sections of your DRY hair before pulling the iron through and you WILL be amazed..

Do stick with the professional irons however, if you get a "ceramic" iron for less than $100, it's probably only ceramic coated, leaving the coils underneath the plates to still be metal-- not good and not worth it, doesn't give as good of a press (think gold plated jewelry vs the real thing?)

If you have real thick/coarse (multi-racial) hair with tight curl then you might also consider a pressing cream for an even stronger press, but otherwise the SILK would be just fine :)

CHI, i got mine on amazon it was originally over $200.00 and i paid $72.00, by far the cheapest and i love it.

Thank you so much for the responses. I am checking out the Chi on Amazon. I'm excited to try it.:7

Will a flat iron help already straight hair (fine too) look better? I was just looking into one of these before I saw this thread, I'm curious to see if it is just for wavy or curly hair.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.