Flat footed Insanity Girl Needs Help

aveggiegirl

Cathlete
My feet kill me when I do Insanity.:(

I am wearing Asics Gel Intensity crosstrainers and I've only had them for about 2 months. They were great the first few weeks but not any more. I tried Superfeet Blue inserts and the feet still hate Insanity.

So, could any of the flat footed Insanity girls please help me? If you're feet don't hurt during Insanity could you please tell me what shoe or inserts (I'd really like to try inserts since my shoes are fairly new) you wear?

Hi-

I just got the Insanity DVD series a few weeks back and have done some of the workouts and have noticed the same thing.. My feet are feeling tender too. My shoes aren't the problem either.
It is such a high impact workout series that it really isn't too surprising you might be feeling it in your feet. I won't do the program rotation as is for that reason.

What kind of flooring do you have in your workout area? I'm wondering if the combo of the impact intensity and a hard flooring surface are causing the soreness.

Take care, Lynn M.

Not doing it as is for the same reason also. I'm not very impressed with it and feel I wasted my money for the price I paid for it. :(

I personally can't find a cross trainer that I like. I've gone to Mizunos and Sauconys since I began running and can't get my feet to wear anything else! :p My Mizunos are motion control, but not very cushioned, inserts didn't help. I bought a pair of Saucony's which I can't run in because they are a neutral shoe, but waaayyy more cushioned....it's helped a lot! I'm running about 25 miles a week along with INSANITY. I am coming out of a bout of plantar fasciitis from the running, not INSANITY. The biggest help I've noticed is that I don't go barefoot anymore or wear flipflops. It makes me sad because I love being barefoot, but it seems like my soreness increases with less support. Just my two cents! :eek:
Becky

I am 48 years old (kickbox/ bootcamp instructor) and my feet were killing me the first week of Insanity. I work out on carpet over 180 year old hardwood floor so there is very little bounce on my floor. What saved my feet/ legs were Impact Gel Sole Inserts, I replaced the sole inserts of my cross trainers with these and my feet and knees have been ever so grateful and I have been able to do tons of tuck jumps and high jumps with no tenderness in my lower body.

Thanks Ladies!

I think Beavs is right. I've been putting off going to a podiatrist but I really think this is what I need to do. I was just "hoping" someone would tell me something that I haven't tried.

I am 48 years old (kickbox/ bootcamp instructor) and my feet were killing me the first week of Insanity. I work out on carpet over 180 year old hardwood floor so there is very little bounce on my floor. What saved my feet/ legs were Impact Gel Sole Inserts, I replaced the sole inserts of my cross trainers with these and my feet and knees have been ever so grateful and I have been able to do tons of tuck jumps and high jumps with no tenderness in my lower body.

Why on earth have you covered your 180 year old hardwood floor with carpet?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.