Fixin to buy me a stepper!

JayBae

So... it's already added in my Amazon cart! I'm just waiting for pay day, ha ha! I've never owned nor done a step workout before. However, I have been doing Zumba for years, and love HIIT workouts, kickboxing and Cathe's strength + cardio format--so what would be the best Cathe DVD(s) to get me started into step workouts. I know she uses the stepper in some cardio and strength DVDs, which look AWESOME, but because I didn't own a stepper, I haven't purchased any. But there's so many to choose from!

So... it's already added in my Amazon cart! I'm just waiting for pay day, ha ha! ... But there's so many to choose from!
Congrats on choosing to include another form of exercise - I personally enjoy step cardio. Cathe doesn't always break routines down in her more advanced step DVDs, therefore, you might consider her beginner & intermediate step workout DVDs first - you sound like you can easily do the cardio load of her other DVDs but might get frustrated with the lack of breakdown of the moves (which she does do in the these two DVDs.) Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy this addition to your fitness repertoire.

Oh, okay! I will definitely look into the beginner/intermediate. I would likely get frustrated with a lack of breakdown, especially as I'm just learning. Once I'm comfortable, I'm better at picking up quick changes. I think I'll look at some previews on YouTube, or 2 Lazy 4 the Gym, she's my go to reference.
Thanks!!

You definitely want to start with Cathe's beginner and intermediate step routines, such as Basic Step and Body Fusion and Low Impact Step. Cathe uses a lot of "Step Lingo" that you are introduced to in her less advanced workouts. E.g. Hop turns, A-step, around the world, over-face in-over, rock step, hip hop repeater, dynamic outer thigh, to name a few. In her more advanced workouts she just calls these out and if you don't know what these step moves are it is easy to get frustrated.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.