fittin's to buy my first cathe dvd

msfrost1

Hello ladies,

I guess I'm fitting to buy my first cathe dvd. I have been reading and
asking alot of questions, I hope I wasn't a bother to you all. I hope
I can do them, from what I can see Firm is a breeze compare to cathe.
So this is what I decided to buy, tell me if I'm on the right track.
Since I don't have alot of money, I can only purchase two. The two are
terminator and circuit max with cardio kick. What do you all think?
Maybe, someone can help me with which one to do.:) ;-)

Meverllyn:D

Terminator is a great choice. You really can't go wrong with whatever you choose.

Personally the Terminator and the CTX DVD are my favorites! I use them the most.

Hi:

I wouldn't purchase this precise combination of DVD's.

The Terminator may be best purchased after you have worked out with Cathe for a while, it is super tough and a lot of the work is performed up at the aerobic limits, at the anaerobic threshold.

The cardio kicks/circuit max is an excellent choice and will accommodate someone both new to Cathe and advanced and experienced with Cathe. It gives a variety of levels of impact and toughness, a variety of cardio styles and a little endurance work too. It's a lot of fun, I do Circuit Max every week. Definitely get this one, it'll blow all the cobwebs awaaaaaaaaay.

For your second DVD, I would recommend instead a focus on weight training to round out your programme. I would suggest the Pyramids DVD (PLB and PUB) as a solid strength training programme with excellent music that will take your weight training to new levels. The workouts move along smartly, no time for down time, a nice blend of exercises, it's one of my favourite and a fave choice of many on these boards. I personally have seen increased strength and definition with these workouts.

I really wouldn't recommend the Terminator to anyone who is not a seasoned exerciser with Cathe.

Hope this helps!

Clare

I think Clare's advice is right on.

I've been doing Cathe for about 9 months now and I'm afraid to buy the Terminator, but am itching to buy the Pyramids. From what I understand of the Terminator it's supper tough.

I just recently purchased the Imax 1, Rhythmic Step, MIC DVD and find it VERY challenging. I can do Imax 1 but must modify some of the intervals. I've only done the Hi/Lo portion of MIC and it felt like a whole workout!!! I will be so proud the day I can do this enire workout. I'm still learning Rhythmic Step.

The great thing about Cathe's workouts is that they remain challenging forever. I started out with the Firm and eventually could do them without even becoming winded, but I can't see this happening with Cathe's workouts. I always find her's tought and challenging and, therefore, very motivating.

I also noticed a huge difference in strength gains when I seperated my weight and cardio workouts, instead of combining them in one workout a la the Firm.

HTH!!!

susan

I don't know that I would recommend Circuit Max as one of the choices for being better for a beginner to Cathe. I've been doing Cathe for 2 years & tried CM last night & it almost killed me. I had to quit after 2 intervals.

I would try MIS or Power Hour first.

I'd go with the PH/MIS/? DVD as a first choice. You get two different weight workouts (one more endurance and one more strength) and a circuit workout that uses weights and cardio.

IMAX 1 and MIC and Circuit Max are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder than any of the Terminators.

The Terminators are really not that hard, just long.

I have to agree, Terminator wouldnt be my first choices either...

I'd pick the Interval Max2/Cardio&Weights dvd and either the CM/CK dvd (though Circuit Max is tough and makes me feel like I wanna puke, lol) or the MIS/PH/BodyMax dvd as the other choice.

:)Stacy

When I stop to think about it, all Cathe tapes seem to intense for a beginner. But you are not a true beginner, just new to Cathe, so maybe a crash course is best. You will get that with your choices. I just would maybe suggest the Termintaor and a weights series, like PS or S&H. Or JUST CTX...that is the total package. You get the most workouts for the least money. And it is a sampling of all...weights, steady state cardio and intervals. Just my opinion!! Glad you decided to join us!

Janice

I would defintely agree with Janice about CTX - I think it allows you to sample a bit of everything and gives you so many options - JMHO :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.