Fitness Professional's Handbook -- question

JumpHigher

Cathlete
Hi,

I haven't been here (open discussion forum) in a ridiculously long time ... I think since I was on the '05 Cathe Roadtrip. :eek:

Anyway ... I just recently took and passed the ACE exam and am (finally) an ACE-Certified Personal Trainer. I'm wondered if any of the trainers out there could give me an opinion on this book: Fitness Professional's Handbook (published by Human Kinetics). Here's part of the description:

"Formerly titled Health Fitness Instructor’s Handbook, this full-color text has undergone a title change to better reflect its extensive use in the field. Reflective of updates made in the seventh edition of ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, it serves as an essential text for those seeking ACSM health/fitness instructor certification and an invaluable reference for certified fitness professionals striving to stay informed amid ongoing research advances.

Every chapter has been updated based on the latest standards, guidelines, and research, allowing readers to explore the newest theories, research findings, and current issues in the field. The following are among the most significant changes to the text:
-A completely rewritten chapter on health appraisal that focuses on the sequence of steps to follow in screening participants
-Updates based on the most recent dietary guidelines and current standards for nutritional intake
-A thorough discussion of how to develop effective exercise prescriptions for strength and endurance in a very small space
-A new chapter that focuses on yoga, Pilates, and other mind-body exercises
-Additional insight from an expert providing real-life experiences in both fitness- and hospital-based programs and details regarding budget development."

Do any of you use this book or a previous edition of it?

Thanks for any help/advice you can give. :)

Marla
(JumpHigher in Michigan)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.