Fitness magazines

kazze

Cathlete
Do any of you subscribe to them? I am sort of turned off by most of them. Either they have some skinny actress on the cover who quite clearly is not into fitness (little to no tone) or some bulky chick with Arnie muscles bulging out all over.

I would love to find one that is serious without being over the top.

In an earlier thread, someone mentioned a new magazine titled On Fitness, which is available at Border's. I picked up an issue (Sept/Oct) and am very impressed. It is NOT filled with pictures of young skinny actress types dressed in cutesy workout clothes and 47 pages of flashy ads for unhealthy quick-weight-loss remedies. It IS filled with well written articles on specific fitness issues and nutrition. It is a refreshing change from the glossy pages of Shape, Self, Fitness, etc.

MissL

My fav fitness magazine is Muscle Mag. Its all about Bodybuilding and stuff. I get it at GNC (General Nutrition Center) its great!

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

I have gotten Runners World for years and it is about my favorite. Didn't like Oxygen, but did subscribe to On Fitness for a try...:)

I love magazines:

Womens Health and Shape being my favorites. I also read Fitness, Self, Looking Good, WeightWatchers and Health.

I used to love MuscleFitness Hers, but than they changed thier format and it has been the same this was about 6yrs ago. Although I do flip through when I am at the store sometimes they have great nutrition info as does Oxgen but it is focused more towards bodybuilding.

I also like Just for me and All for You and the occasional Redbook as well as the regular gossip mags. I work at the post office I see them all. :)

Jenn

I subscribe to Women's Health (and love the 'fit, but not skinny or too-muscular' cover models).

I also pick up Muscle and Fitness Hers on the newsstand (it's no longer available through subscription).

i prefer muscle and fitness hers and fitnessrx(even though ads out the wahoo they usually are packed ith good tips and info).i do enjoy oxygen but personally i see it as more of a magazine for those that want to get into competive shows then just normal everyday gal exercising.

i do subscribe to fitness and shape b/c i got a 3 years for the price of one deal. i do enjoy some of the articles and the workouts and try to look pass the skinny models on the cover.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.