Fitness Fun for Christmas

amy_b

Cathlete
I just got the most surprizingly fun Christmas gift I may have ever gotten. My DH got me a pair of tap shoes! Now I have never been a dancer- EVER- but I've been trying to do things with my kids that they enjoy...spend time with them on their interests...and so DH got me taps so that I can tap with my 6 year old daughter. We got Jean Butler's Irish Dance Masterclass workout DVD and Dancing with Miss Christy DVD. Let me tell you- it is FUN!!! Talk about adding some variety into your fitness routine! And boy, I am just about on the same level as my daughter, she's good, I'm not.
Anyway, it is something I would never have asked for, but what a great idea!
:D

What a wonderfully thoughtful gift! Sounds like your DH is a doll!! I know in my area there are tap classes for mom's and daughters... Not sure if something like that would interest you, but it's an option! HAVE FUN!!!!

What a great idea! I've always wanted to try tap! They never seem to have classes for adults.

Definitely not just for kids, and it is truly an art form. My mother (56 years old) has been tapping for the past two years and has lost a whopping 60+ pounds doing it! It is the first form of exercise she has thoroughly enjoyed and is, therefore, able to stick to. She takes adults-only classes and there seems to be a supportive community here in Boston. Also, many musicians tap - they enjoy the creative, percussive elements and view it as the jazz music of dance.

Enjoy!

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.