Fitness Buddies

Helen_Z

Hi,

Just a quick note because I'm swapped with work today. I've been reading the book by Dr. Shapiro mentioned on this website and I've made a lot of healthier choices. I've really uped my fruits and veggies. By doing this, I've noticed I've lost my junk food tooth. I treated myself to some really great ice cream, but I didn't crave seconds and thirds. Great fitness goal to watch the fruits and veggies!

Since no one has posted yet, how about keeping & making healthy snack packs for car, purse, work desk or any place that you get the grumbellies and get tempted to buy or eat junk.

Hope everyone had a good week!

Helen

Hi Helen!

Did that really work for you? Let me tell you, between the 4th's leftovers and having my daughter's b-day party this past weekend, my house has been filled with cake, ice cream, brownies, etc.etc... I fought with myself a lot!! And lost most of the time!! I've got a vacation coming up in 2weeks and 4 more b-days in the next couple of months!! I'm going to stock up on the fruit and veggies and hopefully win a little bit more my next go around with junk food. Thanks for the great goal!! Aimee

Great idea-

I try that off and on, so it might be nice to concentrate on it. I really do enjoy fruits and vegetables, but somehow usually don't manage to eat enough of them. I think it partly has to do with the protein obsession . I always think I need to take in protein all the time, so keep looking for additions to eat along with the fruit, thus making it too complicated, and not convenient. I think this week I will try not to obsess on the protein, and eat those fruits and veggies for snacks.

Yes! And give some ideas!

That is one great goal, I must say. Those are the times when we are most vunerable to run in the gas station and grab some major junk. The only problem I have is finding stuff that tastes good and won't melt in the car. So please send you ideas!!! And no tuna fish and crackers. ick

Also, does anyone find that if they eat fruit by itself for a snack that their stomach just feels hungrier? I don't know if it's the acid or what, but I always have to have carb or protein with my fruit or else I'm starving.

Andrea

Hello Everyone!

Well, after our family seen a dietician last Friday, I've done pretty well so far with increasing my vegetables. I don't have a probably with fruits, but I do have to watch the servings as I have low blood sugar. I'm the type that must have those 5-6 SMALL meals a day, complete with appropriate portions of protein & carbs. At each meal, I've just thrown in a bigger helping of veggies and cut the portion starch. I have fruit with each mini-meal and add veggies (salad and raw or frozen mixed) starting with my 2nd or 3rd meal and throughout the rest of the day.
I noticed yesterday I didn't have time to cook my "meat" meal and I dove into Haagen Daas Creme' Carmel Pecan Ice Cream after dinner. I feel that I just ate way too many sugars (fruit) and not enough protein earlier during the day. I also taught (my only class, yeah!) yesterday so it could've been a day where my body was screaming for more nutrients.
Helen, I love the suggestion of keeping veggies or fruits accessible, although I love the occasional grummblie "filler" to be a Lemon Zest Luna Bar! Too good!
Have a great day everyone and eat more veggies!
Myra

I feel the same way-

Fruit does make me hungrier- especially melon. An apple or banana might fill me up for half an hour or so. I guess that is another part of my fruit problem.
I have been eating dried fruit and soy nuts "on the Road". Also, not healthy, but the new 3-D nachos have less fat than the others. Try a peanut butter sandwich, or a tortilla with mustard, veggies and turkey. Veggies and hummous are nice too, and can be kept cold for a little while.

Have you tried...

The Luna Bar in chocolate pecan pie? FANTASTIC!!! Also, Fruit makes me hungier too if I eat it alone. I always have 1Tbsp of natural peanut butter with it and that seem to do the job for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.