Fit Tower Question

LizC7

Cathlete
Hello,
I saw the new posting and the workouts sound awesome - love the advanced workouts offered! I'm on the fence about the tower though. I have Leibert bars that I use that aren't adjustable but come in handy for the barre type moves. Do I need the fit tower? How do the barbell clips work in?

Thanks!

You can use the old STS tower for these workouts. (IMHO) I have the new tower and a friend as the old. The two towers are very similar. The only real difference is the new tower has numbers by each "hole" where you can move the bar up and down. On the fit tower dvds she had you move the bar up or down depending on the exercise. You could put numbers on the sts tower with a sharpie.
Jenn

I wasn't really looking to compare the old vs new but to see if you can do them without the tower if you have other bar options. What is the benefit of the tower?

I wasn't really looking to compare the old vs new but to see if you can do them without the tower if you have other bar options. What is the benefit of the tower?

The height of the bar is adjustable allowing you to do a variety of exercises in addition to traditional barre type workouts.

The Fit Tower™ was originally designed for our STS program so that people who didn't have the room or the money to build their own home gym could now be able to do a bench press with the proper weight using their step as a bench and a supine pull up for back exercises. A pull-up is probably the most effective back exercise you can do, but since less than 1% of women can do even a single pull-up we needed a device that solved this problem. This is why the Fit Tower was originally invented. During the design phase we realized that we could make the pull-up bar adjustable and thus a third function was added to the Fit Tower™ allowing user's to do barre workouts and stretching exercises. The Fit Tower™ is still pretty unique in that it allows you do all three types of exercises: barre, barbell bench press,and pull-ups and is still a very light weight and easily movable piece of equipment.

Obviously we have no way of knowing how the bar will be used in the new workouts, but in the workouts that came with the new tower, Cathe does move the bar around a fair amount. Sometimes it's high for holding onto while standing or for pull-ups, sometimes it's low for wrapping the band around, or resting your feet on. I'm sure you could come up with substitutes for almost everything using another barre, a chair, or other equipment, but it will take some experimenting and likely will take more time than just moving the bar up and down. It's difficult to say until we see the workouts.

The barbell clips hook onto the tower enabling you to use it to hold a barbell, so you can use a step as a weight bench for heavier loads, like for chest presses. (I never use mine; I prefer dumbbells.)

It would depend on if your barre easily and quickly adjusts up and down. Also, barre is only one element that the Fit Tower™ is used for. You will also need the Fit Tower™ for weight and strength work in the Total Body workout. I guess it just depends on how much you want to modify.

The Fit Tower™ was originally designed for our STS program so that people who didn't have the room or the money to build their own home gym could now be able to do a bench press with the proper weight using their step as a bench and a supine pull up for back exercises. A pull-up is probably the most effective back exercise you can do, but since less than 1% of women can do even a single pull-up we needed a device that solved this problem. This is why the Fit Tower was originally invented. During the design phase we realized that we could make the pull-up bar adjustable and thus a third function was added to the Fit Tower™ allowing user's to do barre workouts and stretching exercises. The Fit Tower™ is still pretty unique in that it allows you do all three types of exercises: barre, barbell bench press,and pull-ups and is still a very light weight and easily movable piece of equipment.
I have a Fit Tower which I love. Unfortunately, I lost the barbell clips so I can't use it to it's full potential. Does anyone know if Cathe (or anyone) still makes the Fit Tower and if so, can anyone point me in the right direction to replace my barbell clips. Any information would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.