Fit Tower DVD Reviews ?

I'm going to guess (just a guess!) that after Cathe finishes her Strong & Sweaty series and it's released she'll film some more DVDs for the Fit Tower. I can't imagine getting into an arrangement where she can't produce any videos on her own unless it's for a limited period of time but what do I know? :p

Oh I hope you are right Kathy! Hearing that there would not be an advanced tower DVD included in the Strong and Sweaty series did let the wind out of my sails a bit with regards to my excitement over the arrival of my tower. In fact, I actually considered cancelling my tower order when I first found out. Hopefully I'm worrying over nothing though and the restriction on producing future tower DVDs is only temporary. :D

I hope I am too, SarBear! I just remember Cathe saying something about the fact that Cathletes didn't have to worry because advanced Fit Tower workouts would be churned out. If her Strong & Sweaty arrives at the end of Fall or early December I would guess she might start filming advanced Fit Tower DVDs next year. Obviously it's going to be a LOOONGGG wait but at least we all got the tower at a discounted price and it gives us something else to look forward to (along with Strong & Heavy, of course!)! :)

I imagine she'll make more fit tower videos and they'll be released through the company that created the product but not on her site.

I imagine she'll make more fit tower videos and they'll be released through the company that created the product but not on her site.

You may be right, but I hope they'll be available thru her site.....So many times, with products you order that have a couple workouts that come
with it, sometimes there is an "add-on" set offered, meaning a few more workouts to purchase separately, maybe that is what will happen, but
then a lot of times, nothing comes after the fact.....I know that has happened with a lot of "gadgets" I have gotten in the past....That being
said, I don't think Cathe will let us down......She never has...and I don't think she ever will ! :)

I hope so too aqua girl... although I got my order the Fit Tower company doesn't seem that well organized. I know I wrote this before but I really had to be a thorn in their side to even get a UPS number and estimated shipping date! Good thing I'm an expert at being a pest LOL! :D

I had a smooth experience with the company. I emailed them and heard back within a few hours. I'm sorry you had such a difficult time getting shipping info. It's frustrating when that happens.

I too had a good experience with them. They emailed me back with answers to my questions within an hour each time. I can understand the frustration of waiting when you want a response.

I really appreciate them for what they are.

General Impression
As far as these three CDs go, Beginning-Intermediate-Advanced, I think they progress very nicely through the levels and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the series to someone who's either new to or getting back into exercising after being a couch potato for quite some time.
All three DVDs feature total body workouts with chapters so you can just do upper only, lower only, core only or stretching only. No premixes unless you count the chapters as such. All start out with some type of cardio warmup, move into lower body, then upper body, then core and finally stretch. All feature upbeat, happy made-for-a-fitness-video music. (Although in places, there's a bit too much repetitive synth percussion for my taste.) The DVDs also have the "vocals only" option if you'd rather play your own.

Brief Synopsis:

1. Slim & Trim/Beginning DVD
Beginning is very beginning. Moves are interesting but very, very, very low intensity. Sets are well-conceived but quite short. I'm going to show the Beginning Workout to my elderly mother and discuss with her if it would be right for her. Some moves I can see would work well for her but some might be too challenging. When I say "might work well" or "challenging", keep in mind my mom is 87 and her only exercise is walking a mile a day when she can manage it.

2. Long & Strong/Intermediate DVD
Intermediate kicks up the cardio intensity from hardly any to at least an energetic warmup. Again, the sets seem much shorter to me than her regular DVDs, but the intensity of the moves is increased compared to Beginning. In the Intermediate, the core work is more varied and longer compared to the Beginning. Really only hints at what a true Cathe workout is.

3. Lean & Mean/Advanced DVD
Finally starting to get the kind of variety within the moves that is signature Cathe. Still pretty light work compared to her other DVDs. Definitely a more blood-pumping workout compared to the first two DVDs but of moderate intensity compared to all of her other DVDs. (I believe even ICE works you harder.) While sets seem longer than Intermediate, I believe they're still shorter than many of her regular DVD's. Lots of arm work in this workout but only using bodyweight or stretch band. No weights.

It's pretty clear that even the Advanced Workout of this series is not Cathlete advanced, but likely might be good for a lighter total body workout on a day when you really don't feel like even getting out of bed (or do only I have those kind of days? :p). If you are looking for a real heart pumping Cathlete Workout utilizing the FitTower, you might want to wait until Cathe makes other FitTower workouts available. (I'm hoping the new Strong & Sweaty might feature the FitTower because I really like this equipment and I'm definitely getting that series. Keeping fingers crossed!)

Overall, I see a lot of potential for the FitTower and look forward to any Cathlete FitTower workouts that Cathe produces.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask questions if you have any. I'll answer the best I can.

Hi, so would you recommend the FIT Tower for purchase? I ordered just to get the Tower and plan to use it for the barre and standing leg exercises in other series. but was very interested in the core and upper extremity variety in the DVDs. thanks -my notice says backorder

Hi, so would you recommend the FIT Tower for purchase? I ordered just to get the Tower and plan to use it for the barre and standing leg exercises in other series. but was very interested in the core and upper extremity variety in the DVDs. thanks -my notice says backorder
I would recommend getting the fit tower. The difference in the barre exercises is so much better using the tower than a chair. More comfortable and feel like my form is better because I can adjust the height of the support bar. I lean in and cross my arms to rest my forehead when doing the back leg lifts and it make a big difference to be able to open my arms up wider and get more support than trying to balance on the top of a chair that isn't as wide. Also the padding on the bar is more comfortable. I think the dvds showed us lots of variations using the tower for all muscles groups so I think it is worth it if you are going to use it pretty often.

When we ordered, our confirmations all said it was on backorder. Did you purchase the fit tower after the promotion period? I assume everyone who ordered during the promotion would have theirs by now. I hope so anyway!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.