Fit Tower Boot Camp

owltx

Cathlete
Just did this one this morning - it was awesome! I am a big fan of the Fit Tower; it is a totally new angle for Cathe to come up with creative moves. Boot Camp was tough - especially towards the end. I think I will definitely be feeling it tomorrow. Time flew by. I had to stop a couple of times at the beginning to get my loop in place, but now that I know what's coming I think I will be okay next time. Stretch was great. Can't wait to try the other two!

Bootcamp DONE! I agree about getting the loop in place and the bar in the proper number. Some of the lower body pulsing moves burned! The upper body gets hit nicely too with the different moves on the tower. Cathe did a great job using the tower in different ways and I'm sure if you don't own the tower you can still do all the moves with a chair. I'm not sure if this was a "killer" workout but I AM sure I'll feel it later. Well done Cathe.

Bootcamp this morning. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I have to get used to adjusting the Fit Tower. I'll have to do the workout again and then judge. I like just using a band and bodyweight to strengthen and tone.

I had to pause several times to adjust the bar on my Turbo Barre and figure out what level might work with the changes to the Fit Tower. My legs were burning after this one. I am wondering if there is some way I can number the levels on my Turbo barre--any suggestions?

I have a power rack, so it would be useful for myself to know the distance from the floor to the first hole and the distance between each hole (assuming they are symmetrical). For those of you with the Fit Tower, could you help us without it with those 2 measurements?

Garance, I have used colored Duck brand tape next to the holes and marked them for certain exercises. For example, I have one marked for the ideal position for chest presses with my weight bench under the bar. While your turbo barre has many more holes, maybe you could put light colored duck tape next to every other one, for ex. 1, 3, 5 or odd numbers on one side, even on the other. You could write the numbers on the tape with ball point. I am not sure, but think, the numbers might rub off if done with magic markers. They do have narrow colored tape. Here is an example of 3/4" wide duck tape. This is not super sticky like the silver duct tape which can take the painted finish off. https://www.duckbrand.com/products/duck-tape/colors/mini-rolls/lime-75-in-x-180-in

I had to pause several times to adjust the bar on my Turbo Barre and figure out what level might work with the changes to the Fit Tower. My legs were burning after this one. I am wondering if there is some way I can number the levels on my Turbo barre--any suggestions?
I have the Turbo Bar too, and have been guesstimating the bar height. Sometimes Cathe tells you "hip height" and that helps a bit...and I think after a few run thrus of the DVDs we can get an idea. I'm going to write numbers with a Sharpie on my Turbo Bar and write the numbers down on the workout cards. How is your Turbo Bar working out for you? Mine has issues with dropping the bar down low (I've only use it up high with STS and other leg conditioning segments of Cathe DVDs). I also had to put a mat under the front legs to keep from pushing the tower across my living room like a sled when using the bar low for push-ups and planks. My DH is going to look into making it a bit more stable for me as it is quite wobbly at times.

Bootcamp DONE! I agree about getting the loop in place and the bar in the proper number. Some of the lower body pulsing moves burned! The upper body gets hit nicely too with the different moves on the tower. Cathe did a great job using the tower in different ways and I'm sure if you don't own the tower you can still do all the moves with a chair. I'm not sure if this was a "killer" workout but I AM sure I'll feel it later. Well done Cathe.
I just did this one and I don't own the tower and I still got a great workout. I just used a chair for everything. I also have my own system for pull ups and when the band is around the top of the tower for triceps, I have my own pully type system I use. And with all my stuff out and in it's own place, I never had to adjust anything but just move my chair or walk over to my pull up bar. I think I like the Total Body more, but I think I can blend my own workout with these two and get the best of both. I still haven't done the legs or either abs yet.

Thanks Lakeside and Nanbo! I think I might try the tape idea. There are also some number decals that might stick.

Bootcamp this morning. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I have to get used to adjusting the Fit Tower. I'll have to do the workout again and then judge. I like just using a band and bodyweight to strengthen and tone.

Actually had some upper body doms from this workout.

I fell off the wagon for several long days - not eating clean (at all!:oops:), not doing my Cathe workouts (yikes!:eek:) and was left as a sleepless, mushy pile of negativity - mentally and physically. FTA Bootcamp to the rescue! Felt great. The novelty of the Fit Tower and the new movements, the constant quick changes in exercises, equipment, level of the bar and body parts worked are all boredom busting motivators. Yet, this workout does not overwhelm. It walks the fine line between being tough enough to be results based without having a dread factor.

I especially liked that I worked so many muscles from new angles. Felt as though Cathe found new muscles in my body I had not worked before! ;) Even though I have a chin up bar (with assisted bands), the pull-ups with the tower were my favourite part. Cathe does pull-up style moves that really isolate the biceps, then the chest and also the back. I can't get that with my standard door frame chin up bar. I had really hesitated about making the investment in the Fit Tower and wasn't sure I needed it or could find the space for it. After doing this workout I'm so glad I did! Putting FTA Bootcamp in a rotation will really round things out. Cathe's workouts definitely give you the total package! And they're fun, fun, fun!

Last edited:
OMG those cardio blasts just about did me in! This is a great alternative when not wanting to do weights for a change. The music had a great beat to it as well. I'm really liking the Fit Tower, very versatile. Tomorrow will be legs glutes and core - I fear I will not sleep thinking about it lol!
Jamie

I'm glad Cathe mentioned modifications for a couple of the cardio sections in Bootcamp, that made those
Doable for me. I can handle 4 out of the 6, so I am good with that. :)

I just did this one this morning, and I was dreading it...due to the impact factor. I was so happy when Cathe showed the modification that can be used....I really enjoyed this one! :).

As for converting the bar height from the old Tower to the new one....Another Cathlete ( thanks again Lori :)) gave me this conversion for the old Tower to the new....these are from the floor to the bottom of the hole:

#1 - 10 1/4 inches
#2 - 13 1/2 inches
#3 - 16 3/4 inches
#4 - 20 1/4 inches
#5 - 23 1/2 inches
#6 - 26 3/4 inches
#7 - 30 inches
#8 - 33 1/4 inches
#9 - 36 3/4 inches
#10 - 40 inches

I can't seem to find a way to mark them though....I tried taping a small paper with the number, but when the bar was moved, it grabbed the paper and it was stuck in the bar. Next I will try a grease pen.....keep forgetting to buy one!

I have done all 3 workouts, I had serious DOMS in my quads and chest from total body (I did the extreme premix). I really enjoy these w/o's, no dread factor which is nice.

Good golly, people. The bar height issue shouldn't be that hard (I've seen multiple trails on this subject). Just watch the video and pause for a split second at each adjustment (or not even) and LOOK at where the bar is on everyone in the video. That's your clue!! If the bar is hip height for Cathe (5'2"), put it hip height for you (I'm 5'8" with long legs, so her height is not going to be my height).
Other heights of note: mid-thigh, just above the knee, and hip height while kneeling. It's not that hard. And it will differ for everyone based on your own height and the length of your legs. Yes, it would have been nice if Cathe cued for physical height rather than hole numbers, particularly when it's a known factor that users will be using differing equipment (Cathe - if you're reading, please keep that in mind for future videos using the towers). But it's also just not that difficult, either. Figure out what specifically works for you, and then you can mark you own tower, if you need to, because you can't remember where your hips are. I've done all three, and have really had no problems. Good luck, people!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.