Fit Split vs 4 Day Split series

Nanbo

Cathlete
For those of you who have tried both the 4 Day Split and the Fit Split series: how do they compare? I have only done the new Fit Split workouts once so far and like the concept of piecing together workouts; however, my wrists have a tough time with some of the ab moves and dragging plank stuff (even with WAGS gloves, wedges, or push-up handles). I saw that the 4 Day Split is a daily deal today and went ahead and ordered it having heard great things about it in the past. I don't know what possessed me to do it, it's not like I don't have enough Cathe DVDs already! Anyway, I'm very curious to hear what other Cathletes think of the old 4 Day Split series....your thoughts?

I got great results with it...strength gains, weight loss, and cardio endurance. I loved it so much I burnt myself out on it. Now I only do mostly the boot camp cardio one. I did the same thing with CTX and The Intensity series. I still pull them out and use them just not the whole series. I see myself doing the same thing with Fit Split, but for now Cardio Shred Here I Come!!!!!

I really like CTX too. Just recently got that one. Works muscle groups more individually on each day. Love step and this one uses the step for many of the routines. I'm glad Fit Split is a similar concept but totally different cardio and weight routines.

I think you will enjoy these and find them worthwhile, Nanbo. :) Similar concept to Fit Split but very different workouts so you'll have a nice variety. 4 Day Split workouts are really solid. They are longer than the new Fit Split programs and so I feel like I've really worked hard when I have completed any one of them. ;):eek:Serious stuff. I agree with Repo - great results are in store!

Look for the total body weights 90 min premix on 4DS Kickbox DVD. It is superb. Genius heavy lifting for upper body and a sold lower body workout that does not wipe the floor with you but trains you good. It is all I use this set for but worth it to me.

Clare

Ya...absolutely my most favorite full body workout on one disc! I have done it many, many times and have never failed to love the time spent. Usually if I'm in a hurry I omit the legs portion, which you can do...just select total upper body and you are good to go.

I really loved 4day split music!
I agree. The old music was so much better. I know about the changes in licensing but Strong and Sweaty and Fit Split music makes these DVDs unusable for me. Music was still fine on Cathe until these last two and licensing supposedly changed a long time ago so I don't know why the music has gotten so much worse. So I think I am done with anything new from Cathe as much as I love her. I still use all the old ones and probably always will, but the music on these newer makes the workouts unbearable for me. It breaks my heart. So 4 Day Split is better in my opinion just for the music.

I agree. The old music was so much better. I know about the changes in licensing but Strong and Sweaty and Fit Split music makes these DVDs unusable for me. Music was still fine on Cathe until these last two and licensing supposedly changed a long time ago so I don't know why the music has gotten so much worse. So I think I am done with anything new from Cathe as much as I love her. I still use all the old ones and probably always will, but the music on these newer makes the workouts unbearable for me. It breaks my heart. So 4 Day Split is better in my opinion just for the music.

Have you tried playing your music? That might help,I like playing my own selection of music with some of the workouts because it’s almost like having a new workout, especially the spin DVDs. Its a nice change. I wish the audio option was on all her DVDs [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely love the 4 day split. I used the upper body weights on it when I sprained my ankle, and got a HUGE boost in my upper body muscling. Some of my favorite cardio are both the step routines. They really burn calories in a nice short amount of time. By now you should have them. What do you think? (And there is no such thing as too much Cathe). I have all but 2-3 workouts... LOL

For those of you who have tried both the 4 Day Split and the Fit Split series: how do they compare? I have only done the new Fit Split workouts once so far and like the concept of piecing together workouts; however, my wrists have a tough time with some of the ab moves and dragging plank stuff (even with WAGS gloves, wedges, or push-up handles). I saw that the 4 Day Split is a daily deal today and went ahead and ordered it having heard great things about it in the past. I don't know what possessed me to do it, it's not like I don't have enough Cathe DVDs already! Anyway, I'm very curious to hear what other Cathletes think of the old 4 Day Split series....your thoughts?
4DS is one of my all time favorite series. You can't go wrong there!!!

Hi Nanbo/Nancy,@Nanbo

Did you get 4DS in the end or not? Sorry for the delay responding. I do not visit the forum as frequently as I used to.Hoped I saw it earlier to enable you;):plol
On serious note, 4ds is one of the series I visit most for cardio segments. I love the step segments
and the kickboxing one. Music is great although I do not pay much attention.

Hi Nanbo/Nancy,@Nanbo

Did you get 4DS in the end or not? Sorry for the delay responding. I do not visit the forum as frequently as I used to.Hoped I saw it earlier to enable you;):plol
On serious note, 4ds is one of the series I visit most for cardio segments. I love the step segments
and the kickboxing one. Music is great although I do not pay much attention.
I'm embarrassed to say that I have not been able to give this series a serious try. I was working through plantar fasciitis for most of this year and was erring on the cautious side. I've been doing mainly weight workouts and low impact cardio (biking outside). Now that my foot is feeling better I'm thinking of breaking this series out for a test drive. I'm nervous about using my step, but I think I'll just use fewer risers until my confidence builds up again. Thanks for responding, Nathalie! Always nice to hear your opinions!

I'm embarrassed to say that I have not been able to give this series a serious try. I was working through plantar fasciitis for most of this year and was erring on the cautious side. I've been doing mainly weight workouts and low impact cardio (biking outside). Now that my foot is feeling better I'm thinking of breaking this series out for a test drive. I'm nervous about using my step, but I think I'll just use fewer risers until my confidence builds up again. Thanks for responding, Nathalie! Always nice to hear your opinions!

You're Welcome!
I am glad your foot is getting better. I need to point out the fact that the step segment is one of the most difficult to learn in the entire cathe's Collection, at least for me. I love step and I am naturally eager to learn choreographies. I am average in terms of coordination.
So if you find it difficult to learn step, give yourselfmore time and patience for the learning process.
Once you have learnt and mastered your routines, it is pure fun. I love the oriental music. Really soothing. Oh one last bit, enjoy pushing up around the clock lol....4ds is a great serie.All the best and take care Nancy.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.