Fit Mammas Sept 14-20

Skyy2

Cathlete
Hi Mamas...

Wanted to start us off for the new week.:D
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!

Well got up early this a.m and ran a 10k!! It felt soooooo nice to finish it and just rested the rest of the day. :) Tried to talk hubby into doing Insanity with me, but couldn't. He has fallen in love with P90X!! He is on his 2nd round. He is even talking about getting rid of the barbells!!!

any hoo...... hope to hear from you all (ya'll if you're in Texas) soon...

Good night,

hi mamas!

the weekend always flies by for...its really the only time we have a chunk of time with dh (he is home about 2 hours before needing to go to bed during the week). i have squeeze on tap for tomorrow. just bought it along with the christis and some new yoga last week and will let you know how i like it! made a delish dinner tonight of pork chops with apple slices, mashed potato/cauliflower/carrots, and spinach.

will try to get on first thing in the AM for personals. hi to everyone!!

Hi Wendy..

pork chops sounds so good.....did yu enjoy? I did the squeeze workout once and loved it.

Hi everyone else.... how's it going?

Well what I have scheduled for today is cross-training.....I will do some spinning then maybe Jari's Extremely Ripped! No more running until tomorrow.

I swear that I think Anna's talking:p she is saying "up" "ba-bull (bottle)" or it could be my head playing tricks on me:eek:
Any way.... chat with you all later.....
have a good Monday everyone..

Sydney~great job on the running! I think our babies are smarter than we give them credit for. I bet she is talking!

Wendy~haven't heard of squeeze.. how was it?

Stephanie.. I am changed too.. I always got a totally flat belly back.. this time I am not sure that is going to happen.. I had c/s's also. It is like something is odd going on just below the belly button.. not really fat.. maybe skin?? Those last 5 are the hardest! You are doing great!!

Katie~how are things your way?? Are the girls in school now?

Tomorrow I got for my u/s. Part of me hopes I have a hernia so they can go in and fix me.. lol The other part of me wants no part of surgery so I hope there isn't one. LOL I think someone here had a hernia repair?? Can't remember who is was?

Hi mommies! Wow, everyone's babies are so cute!

Trish - Sarah is a doll and I can't believe she's walking already! Didn't we just give birth yesterday? Oh yeah, it was last year, lol.

Wendy - Dinner sounds yummy! Enjoy time with DH!

Sydney - P is saying a lot of little words too. Great job on the 10K!

Steph - That is so awesome you have only 5more lbs to prepg! How's the party planning going?

I'm almost done with P's party invites. I have just a few more left to go then I need to mail them out. Going to Target to pick up the Halloween m&ms since they are on sale. I'm having fun with the whole Halloween theme! Planning on some MM tonight. Need to do more weight workouts.

Lisa

hi lisa! what day is p's party? just an evite for us, no paper invites, i am too lazy!! we are having ours this saturday and i have done NOTHING yet except order a cake with a big monkey on it. still need to shop for burgers and dogs.

trish, really liked squeeze! you can find a clip on collage and its on netflix now if you ever wanna try it out. sending good vibes your way for the u/s... i am superafraid of med procedures but at the same time, maybe its better if they go in and fix it?

sydney - is she talking already???? you never know lol. JJ says "tickle tickle tickle" quite clearly, such a random first word and its always in 3s!

hi stephanie! hi kate!

beautiful day around my way! how about you ladies?

JJs physical this morning confirmed that he is indeed a peanut - 19.5lbs and 29in at 12 months! lol, some of you have some seriously chubby babes, mine is just a mini chub! he napped on the walk home and we ended up going to music time at the library. love to see my cutie shake those maracas!!

squeeze yesterday was deceptively difficult. superlight wts but the "squeeze" concept is ike lotte berk, callanetics, etc with super controlled iso moves. liked a lot and def feel it today! not sure what to do because i am sore ALL OVER!!

Last edited:
hello everyone.
I'm so excited that the tower is going to be at my home when I get there! I'm so tempted to start STS but I want to wait till Liam is sleeping a bit better/longer without waking to commit to it.

Well I just made my appt to get my tubal. sigh. kinda glad to get it done and sad at the same time. seems so "final". although I feel totally done. I don't want to do pregnancy/childbirth again, I have my hands full with 3 boys and I homeschool. I feel I have enough on my plate as it is. I think if we really get the bug for another child I'd consider adoption. We had mentioned it long ago when we first married. otherwise I'm happy with my boys. I will be pretty scared the whole pregnancy also if I got preggo about the platelets thing. that was NOT fun after the birth and the dr was really freaking out on me. :p

Wendy- I had pork chops and scalloped potatoes a few days ago. yum. yours sounds a bit healthier though ha.

Sydney -way to go on the 10k! what do you think of Jaris extremely ripped?

Trish- let us know how the appt goes.

Hi Lisa and everyone else. Oh wow seth just came in with a FIVE leaf clover??!! kinda freaky. one of the leaves is sticking out the top. the other four around it. I wonder how to squish/dry it so it saves well. sadly one of the four bottom ones got bit by some bug so its not perfect. still wow!?

Well no hernia. She checked me for 25 mins!! I am SORE.. dang that is one ab workout. Constant.. tighten.. release.. lift your legs.. hold..release.. she wanted to see w/ straining then relaxing and I swear we did that about 100 times. Oye.. today I am SORE I can barely more my midsection. Sheesh all from an u/s. LOL She didn't see a thing, but she did see what I was talking about w/ the bulge. She thinks it is because my abs are so split that the stuff coming up is just my stomach/insides.. it isn't a break at all where stuff is coming through the muscle/lining it is just my insides coming out the sep. in my abs. YUCK.. Only way to fix that is to have the abs fixed. I go back to see the surgeon on Friday to see what he says and schedule the surgery for my cyst.. then see what he wants to do about the abs if anything.

Wendy~no worriies.. Sara is 11 months on the 20th and I measured her and she was 18.5lbs and 28 in a few days ago so DEF. a peanut here too. She sure is vocal though.. she makes her demands known. LOL Sounds like JJ is perfect!

Jess~so cool about the clover!! I have no advice on keeping it. never done that before. I have never even seen a 4 leaf clover so 5 sounds VERY lucky to me! I can relate on the tubal issue. DH is getting a V when he gets back. There will be no more babies for us. I do'nt have platelet issues, but this last time the dr. said my uterus was very thin and he didn't recommend any more children. WE didn't want any more, but some how it feels very final to know he will get a V. : (

Well I got a 4 mile run in today. I haven't done weights for a few days now.. thinking tomorrow will be a good all over weight workout, but not sure which one. I have a headache now and TONS of homework to do.. like 70 pages to read and that is going to be tough w/ a headache.. a paper to write and I am having trouble finding info on it. It just sucks big time. Blah.

Trish -well I flattened the clover but you can't really tell it has 5 leaves now. boo. oh well. I'm keeping it anyway! I'm looking to see how to save it for him. laminate it? glad you got some answers at your appt. hope it all works out well.

Well Liam is still my big boy. weighed him yesterday and he is 19lbs at 4 1/2 months. all my boys were on the high end this age. he doesn't really look "chubby" or anything though. he has the normal leg chub but not unusually big looking. (not that chubby is bad!) he is really solid. babies come in all shapes and sizes just like adults ;).

I hope I can jump back full speed into my w/o at home. liam is still NOT sleeping great at night. he has horrid gas that makes him squirm all night. to top it off hes rolling now and that sometimes wakes him up. sometimes he'll fall back to sleep after that but sometimes it wakes him up. sigh.

Hi mommies! I have a little peanut too compared to some of the babies here! P was 18lbs at her 9mo checkup and 27in. I know she's grown some because she def. feels heavier. Good for the toning of the arms so can't complain!

What is everyone dressing their LOs in for Halloween? I'm doing Little Red Riding Hood. Her bday party will be on Halloween so that should be fun.

Wendy - Are you ready for JJ's bday party? Can you believe how fast a year has gone by?
Trish - Yay for no hernia!

Hi Jess, Sydney!

Kate - Where are you??? :eek: :eek:

Lisa

morning - got on the rower this morning. i'm going to do that atleast till i'm home. I was trying to get a pic of Liam on his belly but he almost immediately rolls to his back lately. where is everyone?

Last edited:
hi jess! this is the first time ive been able to get onto this site in a few days but all of a sudden it is working perfectly!!??? i have no freaking idea what was gonig wrong for me. bet my hudband did something with filters or something.

jj's b-day party was yesterday and so much fun! but dh and i are super tired from all tht but its on to the next project: bathroom!

glad you got on the rower! when do you go home? i broke down and joined the gym and my first day is tuesday, appt to show me around and train me on some of the new equipment. i really hope that getting on a cardio machine 5x a week will kickstart my weight loss. this will be in addition to my weight, circuits, and yoga (and walking everyday).

gotta go to bed... hopefully this is not a fluke and i really can use thecathenation again without probs!! woohoo!! so i will be back manana!!

Wendy -good luck with the gym! hope you like it. hope the website keeps working for you. I'm going to get alot of projects done when I get home. any pics from the bday?

I leave later this week and we have lots of last minute activities planned. Liam turns 5 months this week. oh my time is going so fast!!!!!!!!?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.