fit mamas 9/8 -9/13

well I'll get us started since it hasn't happened yet. not feeling very fit lately. I hate all pics taken of me. kinda getting depressed about it. but when I get home I'm going to go gung ho. this weekend we went to shenandoah. I did a 3 mile hike(total) to a waterfall carrying Liam most of the way. that was a nice little w/o. ;) esp cause the way back was all up hill. felt like I was doing weighted steps on the high step some spots. :)

here are two pics of Liam.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Jen-lucky you on loosing all the weight. mine isn't budging. I'll have to wage war on it when I get home from my parents. I'm here another couple weeks. they like to feed me good here too. I'm trying to do my best on eating.

Attachments

• boy.jpg
    boy.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 10
  • liam.jpg
    liam.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
hi jess! i wonder if everyone is busy with kids going back to school. i think mine was latest, ods just started today. hope others will come out of the woodwork soon to say hi! enjoy the time with your family! you will have time to focus on workouts soon enough when you get home. it is always so hard when away. liam is an absolute dollface! so cute!! i hate pics of myself, too... i am still 25 lbs over my pre-pg weight plus it is really more complicated than # on scale because i lost so much muscle tone during the pregnancy/pp.

so i finally had my knee appt and it is not a surgery-type issue (i was really worried about that) but something to do with the tendons behind my kneecap, cant recall the name right this sec... he couldnt pinpoint how this happened but thought some or all of the following: loosening during pg and pp, quick weight gain, exercising in certain ways too soon pp, muscle imbalance. need to work on it by strengthening my quads and inner thighs as my other lb muscles are much stronger. pt soon but for now he gave me exercises to do at home.

i am having a lot of trouble with this site still and dont know why, dh cant figure it out. so i havent been able to use the workout mgr which is a bummer and also havent been able to navigate around the forums without glitch after glitch. but the last few weeks have been a combination of power yoga (i am up to 30 minutes at a time on my wrists) and firms from the library, christi taylor workouts on myfbn.com (free!), and cathe ub (pub, mm, bm2). i just broke down and bought christi's fit to dance because i liked it so much, plus ultimate cardio core, squeeze, and shiva rea fluid power - you can never have too many videos! lol!!! so much for my spending hiatus.

JJ is still not sleeping well at night but he has 4 teeth in a row coming in and i know it hurts him., im just trying to wait it out and keep from being a zombie!

hi kate, stephanie, sydney, trish, lisa... where are ya?

Hi Mammas!!!!

cold is finally gone!!! It was a rough week last week. One day, I slept for 12 hours straight!!! but I'm feeling good today. I made it to the gym and was able to spend 40 min on the treadmill. I did a mile in 9:30min !! I am soo happy about that. Then did some hill work and finished up with some fast sprints. I have my beachbody DVD to do tonight.

Wendy.... 4 teeth @ one time....oh my.... I do hear you about the videos though ;) I will never tell how many I counted over the weekend :eek: but variety is the spice of life right???

Jess... I'm with you with the weight. I lost 5lbs last month, but I'm dreading stepping on the scale this week having not done a thing last week!!!
hi everyone...... check in soon..

here are some pics of Anna..

Attachments

• Anna 1.jpg
    Anna 1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Anna 2.jpg
    Anna 2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Anna 3.jpg
    Anna 3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Anna 4.jpg
    Anna 4.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi mamas!

I'm a horrible, terrible Cathe friend. I've been so pre-occupied lately that I haven't had time to post. I hope that you all are doing well and your babies are doing well!!

Between going out of town, getting back to school, soccer with the big boys and right now bad colds all around (yuck!), I've been away and oh how I've missed you all!!!

Finished up CLX. LOVED it! I lost about 17 pounds with it. And now I've started Cathe's Pure Strength series and plan on doing a four-day split rotation with it (two upper, two lower body weight workouts per week), plus two days of cardio. The leg one about kicked my butt last night. LOVE it!!

Hope to be better about posting in the future. You guys keep me on track and inspired. I totally feel off balance when I'm not checking in!! :)

((Hugs)):):):)

Steph -way to go on the weight loss!! its ok were all busy about posting.

Sydney - well I haven't done much in like 3 weeks and will be 6 before I get home. I'm avoiding the scale till I get home and workout for atleast a week. Unfortunately I keep getting headaches again and am not feeling well. ugh. Anna is SO cute!

Wendy -I hope JJ feels better soon! glad your knee won't need surgery. hope the exercises work. sorry the site is acting up for you.. ? I dunno either.

Liam got a new exersaucer. think he likes it? lol. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4996-01.jpg
    IMG_4996-01.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4995-01.jpg
    IMG_4995-01.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Yall's babies are so adorable!! Here's one of Charlie that I'm sending on his bday party invitation. His party is next month, and we took this outside a couple of weeks ago in the sweltering heat. He was such a trooper!

Attachments

• 100_1721.jpg
    100_1721.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 17
Stephanie your little pumkin is a cutie too.... yu did soooo good on the weight loss!! I have the CLX but I am stuck on Cardio. Insanity and running. I did do a 28 min DVD a few nights ago (sculpt 1-2 from power 90) I used 5lb weights and felt it the next day.... sad.....:mad:

Sydney-- Your routine sounds much MUCH tougher than mine! I'm scared of Insanity!

Hope everyone is having a good evening!

Gotta go watch the Pres. Later taters!

hey, Mamas, are we rollin' again?

Julia's doing great - tooth6 popped thru this weekend.... Im a bad mommy and all my pics are on my camera....since JULY! :eek: We're talkin' hundreds.... Me's gots lotsa work to do in the scrappin' dept!

WO's are good - did L&G today and had a sweaty fun time!

The big girls started school yesterday and are loving it - what a relief!

-

Jess, Liam is too cute in his seat!
Nice hike! Love to have Julia in the front pack while hoofin' it!

Wendy, yay no surgery! What a relief!
And all those new wo's! Fun! I'm itching for STS cardio!

Sydney, WTG on your mile time!
Sleep for 12 hrs straight would be a dream!! Too bad you had to be sick to get it!
Anna is a beauty! Enter that girl in a contest!

Stephanie!!! Awesome results w/ CLX! Inspiring!
LOVE those baby eyes!!! My word, he's gonna be a heart breaker!

I love all the babies! We have such cute babies on this check-in!!

Steph - Awesome job with the weight loss!!

Kate - P just popped out tooth #5.

Wendy - Teething will mess with their sleep for sure! Get some rest and sorry about the computer troubles!

Hi Jess, Sydney!!

Here's a pic of P in her Belle costume that will go in her birthday invite. The one with the pumpkin background is for the invite. She will actually be Little Red Riding Hood on Halloween, but the costume is not done yet so this had to do. Got a run in this morning and went out for two walks with the dog uphill. Will do some ub tonight. I haven't worked out the last three days so trying to play catch up!

Lisa

Attachments

• DSC01509.jpg
    DSC01509.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01489.jpg
    DSC01489.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 12
Oh my goodness these babies are CUTE!!! I love seeing them!!

I am a bad buddy too. I will be SO glad when these 2 classes are done Oct. 10th.. so about 4 weeks and I can breathe (for a week..lol)

Stephanie~17lbs is GREAT!!

Kate~ 6 teeth?? Wow we are none here yet.. not even a bump.. crazy!

Here is one of Sara and one of her walking. I messed up and took it sideways, but this was her last week.. she's been walking for 3 weeks now. CRAZY! If you click the link it'll take you to the video of her.
100_1172.jpg

100_1170.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v254/mom2huntermk/?action=view&current=100_1173.flv

lisa, check out that little hawaiian princess! love it!
great wo's today!

trish, look @ your walker - she is beautiful!!!! julia is sooo close to walking. she'll be 11 mon saturday and is my latest walker. i keep waiting!!:D
youre doing great w/ school!

Everybody have a good day?

We had the girls' school open house & ice cream social. I was social, but avoided the ice cream..... even tho my whole fam was partaking.:D

Came home, got the girls to bed, and did LIC.

Hope all the babies sleep well!

hello everyone :)

Kate -I can't wait to get out a good cathe w/o when I get home to all my equipment. sigh! The hike was really fun. Liam loved it!! he didn't fuss at all and we were out over an hour. it was easy as pie on the way down but got super steep on the way back. I didn't have a carrier I was just using my arms. ha. Hes outgrown his sling and my carrier he hates so far :(. I think I need a bjorn. he wants to look out not at my chest.

trish -shes so big! and cute ;) awww I just saw the vid clip. so adorable!

Lisa -too cute! I have a catapillar costume for Liam. wonder if he'll fit or not. have to try it on when we get home. hes already into some 12 mo clothing and I think the costume was to 6 mo ugh!

Steph -cute little pumpkin :)

hi mamas! my computer hates thecathenation! but i love it, so i try everyday anyway...

the babes are all so cute! i need to put a few more up from my cam soon, have some from camping last wkend if i get a chance.

yesterday was 25 mins of baptiste long and lean and i feel it today in my tris! yay!

eating is only so-so lately. im cooking clean, really always do, but was attacked by smores while camping, i swear it ATTACKED me multiple times... and still feel guilty a week later for all that.

jess, your hike sounds fab. have you thought about ergo or the one kate has, beco? they cant face out but you can do a hip carry which JJ loves. seriously a hands free hip carry is as good as facing out IMO. go to a store and try one out! so soooooo comfy.

kate, i love LIC, so fun! really i love ub/wt circuits but havent done that one for a while as ive been keeping the wts to a minimum with all the yoga, it really works the upper body and i need to let my wrists rest in between i think. ub only 1x a week lately (bm2 and pub a few times, mm i like also).

trish, gotta love that early walking waddle! JJ walks behind me hold on my pants, lol. he will also walk beside me holding just one hand depending on his mood, def not when hes tired. im happy to wait on his own timetable but dh is in a rush for him to walk! hope your classes are going as smoothly as they can be...

lisa, i agreee, we have the cutest baby check in ever!!! are you MAKING her costume?!?! and you work??? cmon now youre making us mere mortals look bad =)

stephanie, congrats on you lbs lost!! are you feeling good and fitting in pre pg clothes? i have been eyeing clx on ebay since we talked about it. but am so afraid to get a copy or the original scratched disks i heard about. made a few low bids but im afraid to bid higher and get taken for a ride!

sydney, i think insanity is pretty tough!! i am not down for that myself, not even tempted. are you seeing results?

plans for today... a cardio workout soon, fit to dance again prob, cuz i love it right now! walk to farmers market after nap its about 1.7 miles each way). date night tonight, we get abt 90 mins of sitting from mil so a very quick date night, but its all good.

will try to get pics up soon...

Hi Ladies....

Happy Friday!!
Wendy... I'm losing inches..not much weight. I guess it is because I am takining longer breaks with insanity. I don't know what is working more... the running or insanity. But so far......not a bad routine.

Kate... good job side tracking that Ice cream....but it sounds so good right about now.

Jess... how much longer for the visit?
Trish.. Sarah is so cute...she looks tiny
Lisa...I'm playing catch up too.... I was out of the game for the better part of a week.... you are right about the cute babies. How old is your princess?
Hi Stephaine.....

Hope everyone have a relaxing Friday.

-------
On tap as far as workouts for me tonight: another 4 mile run. I previewed a new spinning DVD over the week and I really want to try it out. We'll see how it goes.....

Hi mamas!
Sydney--I WISH I could run four miles. You go girl!!! That's so great! I'd love to be able to run more than a mile and a half so I could one day do a 5K with DH. Inches are more important that pounds. I'm slowly learning that, but that number on the scales really can mess with your head. I know that!

Wendy-Love the farmer's market! Hope you had fun! I loved CLX because it mapped out my workouts for three months, so I had no wiggle room. I'm scared that now that I don't have a concrete rotation, I'll backslide. I need to type one up. Maybe someone will take you up on your low bid. I think I got it for under $50.

Kate--Way to go on avoiding the ice cream! Hope you had fun at the social! I've been eating some things that are unhealthy as I crave them, but only having a little bit, and it's not seemed to affect me so far. I'm trying to live the "everything in moderation" life. Plus, if I deny myself for too long, I'll binge over the impending holidays. Halloween candy, thanksgiving, Christmas... YIKES!!!

Trish--Sara is adorable!!! How old is she? Already walking!! Charlie takes a few steps on his own here and there, but still lacks confidence.

Lisa--I love the Belle costume!!! Pomai is soooo pretty!!

Jess--Hi! Hope you had a good Friday!
---
Getting ready to do a lower body weight workout. Probably Gym-Style Legs. I did Pure Strength Upper body workouts Tuesday and Wednesday and took yesterday off. I'm battling a cold.. as are Oliver and Charlie. Mine hasn't gotten bad yet, knock on wood. Tomorrow and Sunday I'm going to do my cardio. I'm trying something new... instead of rotating weights and cardio on alternate days, I'm going to try to do two days of cardio on the weekends and weights during the week and maybe a jog on upperbody days... if I have time. Thanks for all the sweet words about my weightloss, but remember, I gained more than 55 pounds with Charlie, so I had a LONG way to go... Still have about 5 pounds till prepreg and 15 pounds till I'm at my comfortable weight. My body has changed, though... clothes don't fit the same as they did prepreg. Still sporting my post-c-section pot belly. :confused::confused::mad: Anyway... Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday night!!! :)

Sydney -I have about 10 days left. I'm actually a bit sore from all the walking I'm doing (on walks and going to DC, hiking, mount vernon etc) while carrying Liam half the time or more. I think if I were more carefully watching my diet I may have lost a few lbs atleast while here. sigh.

Wendy -oh I love farmers markets! glad you have a good one. I have the beco but didn't know you can put it on the hip? I'll have to check it out. so far as soon as I put him in it and start buckling he freaks. I think he'll like it when hes a bit older though.

Steph -your so close on the weight. doing stuff like GSlegs will help. love that w/o!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.