Fit 40's

scubagirl

Cathlete
Hi girls! Hope you had a good weekend. Went quick with the kids, hit Costco to stock up for Thurs., today I did the LIS circuit from 4DS, it was fun! Murphy, how are you? Still doing Insanity? Lisa, do you have a short work week? I am done with work until Jan., love semesters! Ronne, how are those new dvd's. Hi Leisa! Have a good day everyone! I know everyone will be busy! Mary

Hi All,

Today has been crazy at work. This is the first chance I have had to really sit down and collect my thoughts. On the upside, the day went by quickly. Anyway, I am feeling a little sick and am trying to keep it at bay. I am going to try to get a little weight work today but am not sure. I rested this morning and it felt good so maybe I will just relax when I get home. Oh, in case I forget, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Mary - I think I have 2, maybe 3, Insanity dvd's left. The rental place sent me Body Max 2 (?) and the Terminator because the next ones were not available. I just returned an Insanity dvd so maybe they will have the one available by the time they get the old one.

Murphy

Hi ladies! I've felt like I've had lead in my feet for a couple of days. I tried (and failed) miserably to do IMAX3 on Saturday....I only got 1/2way through and quit (and I skipped 3 blasts). I dislike that dvd and thought I'd give it a whirl since others on here like it....uh, well, it's going to the bottom of the pile again not to be resurface for awhile. Then Sunday I did Meso2 week2 chest/back. Today, I ran for 45 min (with lead feet). I hope this lead gets out before Wed when I plan to do plyo legs :)

Mary, yep, short work week for me (although I don't get paid). I finally finalized (I think) my t-giving plans. Thursday, my sis, DH, me and DS at home will have a little t-giving and then Friday, my other DS (college), his GF(fiancee), will join dh, me, and son for another t-giving meal. I decided I wanted some quality time with my DS(college) and his GF, so I scheduled my sis for another day, otherwise I'm stuck trying to entertain her. Plus I'm a bit miffed by her ---- I get no support from her, just criticism---for example, I was busy with work last week and short with her....I get an email "I like you better when you aren't working".....I was PO'd! I'm not here to cater to HER! I'm not HER MOM...she expects me to be her MOM replacement....I wish she would get a life....I will not let her wreck my marriage like she did Mom and Dad's. Always tagged along with them on vacations, was over eating with them every weekend, etc. Sorry, I've rambled......you all know my situation with my sister is not my ideal one...I have my own family and I don't need her to diss them! grrrrr

Hi Murphy! Have you done terminator before? I haven't but I have it from buying it online...I'm waiting until after my sts to be done.....I'm excited for something a bit different......I'm ready for my STS CARDIO!

Hi Ronne, and Leisa! How are you all? Staying the course?

Gotta get for now....

Hello everyone

Never made it back last week - just too much to do. :confused:

Mary - lucky you, what a lovely, long break.
I've had a go at the Tracie Long. I previewed it first and didn't think it looked too bad. But when I did it! Oh boy, I was really struggling. I've also got KCM's Bootcamp and I've tried the first section of that which was good. Plus Amy Bento's In the Ring, did that all the way through the other day and it wasn't too bad, easier than Kickbox Surge. Also got Patrick Goudeau's first Hard Work Conditioning which I haven't opened yet.

Lisa - hope the thanksgiving plans all work out - sounds busy! Come here and sound off about whatever you want, whenever you want!:eek:
Don't kill yourself with those workouts if you're not feeling up to it!

Murph - rest if you need it, girl! Sounds like you need it. Are you recovered from your run now?

Well, I've had a busy week or so. I finished the kettlebell course last week and am just going back for the benchmark testing tonight. I've really enjoyed it and will probably go back to it again at some point. Certainly feel stronger than I did at the beginning.

Managed to hurt my back quite badly last week so I've been very careful with the workouts since then. Just done two days of yoga which is really helping.

Well, this is turning into an essay, better get back to work!

Hi girls. Just did a little cardio, a Prevention dvd, from the library, I thought it would be kind of wimpy, well I was wrong! I was a sweaty mess! That's what I get for trying to be on the lazy side! Lisa, sorry to hear about your sister, Is she younger or older than you? Have you always taken care of her? I was reading this article that even as adults, when we are with family, we always revert back to our childhood ways. At least you are getting her out of the way on Thurs., then you will be able to look forward to Fri. Instead of reverse, Ronne, we missed you! Glad to see you back! Looks like you got some good dvd's! I love new ones! Hopefully we should have Cathe's before Christmas! Murphy, how are you feeling? Better I hope. You will really enjoy the Terminator, sooo much better than Hardcore Extreme. (I avoid that one) Have a good day. Talk to you later. Mary

HI girls! Today was STS MEso3 Bi/Tri/Shoulders....I love working those muscle groups.

Ronne, glad to see you, good job on those bells and yoga. Yoga is tough for me, I envy you flexible people!

Mary, my sis is older...the reason I've grown into the Mom role is because I'm very much like my Mom, in fact I resemble her the most of all my sibs, and I'm proud of that. My sis seemed fine with the plans change although she had to ask me a million and one questions as to why the plans changed. I soooo look forward to see my oldest son and GF. At Christmas everyone can be together but for now I'm wanting my own family close at hand....it's an adjustment getting used to them making their own lives (but it's what we want as parents).

Hi Murphy and Leisa!

Off to work I go.....hi ho, hi ho :)

Hi All,

I rested again this morning and am feeling much better right now. The alarm went off for me to get up this morning and I thought about it but decided to take the day off and get better. The next few days will be crazy so I figured I should be at full strength. With that said, the rental place is sending another Insanity dvd so I will definetly need to be at full strength. I should have it by Saturday or Monday.

Lisa - no, never did Terminator before. I am looking forward to it. Wish me luck! Sorry to hear about your sister situation. I hope the holiday is bearable for you.

Ronne - congrat's on finishing the kettlebells. I have never tried but it looks good. HOw did you like Tracie Long? I too have had the "oh, I can do this" idea only to be surprised, pleasantly surprised. Her new stuff is do out around the time of Cathe's new stuff - give or take a week.

Mary - any particular premix I should try first on the Terminator?

Hi to everyone I missed and Happy Thanksgiving to all in case I forget.

Murphy

Hi everyone! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Thank you for listening to me, it is always so nice to see all of you. Today will be MIS, haven't done it in awhile. I will try to get in some cardio tomorrow morning before the house is filled with people and food! Lisa, I was thinking about your sister some more, (my mind is always going!) We seem to treat those we love the most the worst,because we know no matter how jerky we are, they will still love us. I hope you have 2 great Thanksgiving's! Murphy, I really like the Gauntlet the most, Viper seems to go on forever, and Imax extreme is a lot of fun! Ronne, Did you order Tracie's new ones? I see she has more coming out early next year, they will be 30 min w/0's. I might not be back til Mon. So have a great weekend all, happy shopping too! Mary

Hi All,

Well, I was spared the terminator b/c it won't play in that unit. I guess it is b/c it is all premixes, I don't know why. One of my Amy Bento's won't play in that unit if I try to use the premixes. It will play all the way through (2 hours!) but that is not an option. I did the upper body circuit of BM2 - 70 minutes, is Cathe crazy? It wasn't bad, I was tight on time and watching the clock so the time didn't fly by.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to all.

Murphy

Hey ladies! I've been up since 3AM...I've been congested and this morning was worse and then a sinus headache, then my neck started hurting and I started getting hungry....geez, so I just got up at 4:30 after tossing and turning. I didn't feel like exercising but didn't have a good excuse, especially with 2 t-givings coming up. So I did the plyo legs (3rd week).....I paused once and basically just watched in amazement (as I usually do) when they do the one legged squat thrusts...OMG.

I feel good about how I've structured T-giving....I have to remember to put ME at the top of the list, so if others don't like it...tough! I don't want to drift back to my old ways now with working again.

I have only CoreMax scheduled for Thurs, and then rest Friday, and Saturday be able to hit it hard with cardio coach press play.

Murphy, that clock is like when you watch a pot waiting for it to boil....that's where the saying came from " a watched pot never boils", so I guess for us its "a watched clock NEVER moves". :)

Have a good thanksgiving for those that celebrate that holiday!

Hi everyone

Murph - I really enjoyed the Tracie Long. She's very straightforward and deceptively difficult. I liked the three levels so I could move up and down depending on how I'm feeling. It's weird using a DVD that's not chaptered though.

Lisa - you poor thing, you must be shattered and then all that work to do for Thanksgiving. Hope people are helping out and you're not having to do everything!

Mary - I'm not ordering Tracie's new ones (although the previews look good) as I've got STS Cardio on preorder and that is it for me for a long time!

Hope you all have a great day whatever you're doing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.