FIRMness

Stacy

Cathlete
Hi fellow Cathe fans. I had a question about a FIRM tape. Has anyone done FIRM Strength (part of the Crosstrainers series)?? I was wondering how it compared to Cathe's. I'm sure it's not as intense but is it still tough enough to substitute when you're looking for a little variety?

Thanks,

Stacy

P.S. I'm relatively new to the forums and I just wanted everyone to know what a blast I'm having!! I've never had anyone to talk video-fitness with and I love it!!

Hi Stacy!

I've also never had anyone to talk about this stuff with before! It's great isn't it? I just got Firm Strength through a trade. I really like it, but intensity-wise it's no comparison to Cathe. I know this because I am 8 mo. preggo and enjoyed Firm Strenth. I am not doing any Cathe workouts anymore. If I had used heavier weights it may have been harder, but I still think Cathe would be tougher. Guess I wasn't much help! But, I do like the video. Not too weird like some Firms.

Andrea

I'm also with you on enjoying finally having someone to talk about videos with. I have the CrossTrainers Strength tape. I haven't done it in a while, but might incorporate it into my next rotation. Cathe's Circuit Max is much tougher (both the cardio and strength) but like Circuit Max, it goes quickly and you never get bored. It makes a great "light day" workout, not to mention adds variety.
Dawn

Hi Stacy,

I love both the Firm and Cathe, but I would have to say I tend to use Cathe when I want to go all out intensity-wise, and the Firm when I want a fun/shorter/effective/not as intense day. I still think they are excellent and the two styles are very different, but complement each other well IMO.

As for Firm Strength, this is the only Firm tape I own that comes close to being as intense as Cathe, if you heavy up. Compared to Circuit Max, it has much less cardio so is easier from that point of view, but for me (I know others disagree) the strength portion is harder. Maybe I need to heavy up on Circuit Max!

If you are enjoying the forums, go to videofitness.com and read there too! Lots of Cathe fans there too. In fact it was that site that led me to trying Cathe, and I'm so glad I did.

Sophie

Hi Stacy!

Isn't it fun to find people who love to work out like you?

I have FIRM Strength and really like it. If you go HEAVY it's a great work out when you need to do total body. I don't use it as often as Cathe, but it's a good quality tape to add variety.

Hope this helps!

Susan

Stacey

I really like that tape! In my opinion it is not better or worse...just different. The focus is on mixing cardio with the weights, whereas Cathe tends to keeep them separate. It is good to do early in the morning, when you don't really have more than an hour. I find that the aerobic sections are a bit wussie, so I just start banging on the heavy bag to kill that portion.

Karen

I have FIRM Strength and it is a really excellent tape,but a little different in style from Cathe's- the FIRM blends the strength training and aerobics together in a one hour tape so you probably won't get as much muscle out of it as you would out of a Cathe strength training tape.It is a lot of fun though- whipped me back into shape in a flash after baby #3!

Hi! I haven't done it in awhile, but I tend to use my Firms for more of a secondary strength workout. I have my Cathe strength tapes and I write down what weight I use for each exercise. I do that at the beginning of the week. Then towards the end of the week, I may put in a second strength workout using one of the Firms. They move so quickly from exercise to exercise, I am never sure what weight to grab, and I never feel like I've gotten as thorough of a strength workout. Just MHO.

I have this tape and it is one of my favorite Firm tapes...i am new here, just curious about Cathe's tapes...wow you mentioned that Firm strength is light compared to Cathe's? I find this one of the hard ones to do already. If you are thinking of getting firm tapes i would also recommend super sculpting.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.