Firm step and Cathe workouts

bettyboo

Hi,
I have been hearing so much about Cathe! I am interested in her workouts but have limited funds and space. Is it possible to use the Firm's tall box for some of Cathe's workouts instead of the typical original (longer) step? I really don't want to buy another piece of equipment so if I can use the firm's box it would be the best! If you can tell me which ones would work I would very much appreciate it.
I am also wondering if I can just use dumbells instead of a barbell because I do not own one?

Thanks,
Val

Hi Val.:)

I was able to (carefully) use the Firm box for Cathe's Basic Step until I got a step but trust me, you are going to want a regular step! If you go to Walmart (online or in store), you can pick up a step for pretty cheap. They have a few to choose from depending on the $ you have to spend and what size step you want. I would not recommend going beyond basic step with the firm box. You are better off doing it on the floor...which by the way...you can do any of Cathe's step work outs with no step at all!

As far the barbell goes...that is totally optional. I use dumb bells only right now and have not had any problems. I will be getting a barbell in the future though simply because it is a better option when you are ready to use heavier weight for your exercises.

HTH!

Have a great work out!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?WENDYMIN

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]

Thanks Wendy for the info! I will look into purchasing a longer step. Concratulations on your pregnancy! The pictures look great!
Val

I wouldn't use the Fanny Lifter for a step workout. That's how I injured myself, falling off the 8" portion of the box. Go buy a club step, as folks have advised. I won't even do the FIRM on the FL.

Hi,
If you're going to do Cathe's step routines, you really need a full-size step. The firm box is too small to be able to do some of Cathe's moves, like the V-step or U-turn. You could injure yourself very easily. You wouldn't get the most out of the workouts that way, either. Plus, the surface of the firm box is not slip-resistant enough. I wouldn't trust it. Plus, with only 2 options for step height with the firm box, you're really limited.
I bought my step at WalMart for $30 including tax. It's made by The Step Company too. It came with 2 risers to make the step 6" if you want and a Cathe video called All Step. It is light blue with purple risers. It was a good deal. It's not the really long step that Cathe uses in most of her workouts, but it's long enough. I'm like you, I couldn't afford the long one, but I needed something to tide me over till I could.
Hope that helps!

If the original poster means the BSS3 box, it probably can be used for Cathe's workouts. It's 33 1/2 inches long, so about the same size as the smaller version of the club step. Of course the full size club step is best, but the BSS3 box is fine if you don't want to make the investment before trying Cathe's workouts. If you ment the fanny lifter, I've used it for the high step workouts and workouts that require the high step with no problems.

>If the original poster means the BSS3 box, it probably can be
>used for Cathe's workouts. It's 33 1/2 inches long, so about
>the same size as the smaller version of the club step. Of
>course the full size club step is best, but the BSS3 box is
>fine if you don't want to make the investment before trying
>Cathe's workouts. If you ment the fanny lifter, I've used it
>for the high step workouts and workouts that require the high
>step with no problems.

Thanks everyone for the input. I am ordering a couple of Cathe's tapes and will give them a try (carefully) on my firm's high step (fanny lifter). I will have to check Walmart. I wonder if they carry the long step and barbell in the Canadian Walmarts?
Val

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.