Finished STS today!

Saturn

Cathlete
And now I am wondering what the heck to do! I loved this series, but have missed my other Cathe workouts, as well as some others in my collection (mostly endurance workouts by KCM for instance). I guess I will take my active rest week, and then definitely get back to lifting. I am curious about the results you are getting if you are using undulating periodization or Cathe's (and other instructors') other workouts, like Pyramids and Gym Styles. Please describe what you are doing and the results you're achieving. Any advice on how to keep from losing what I have built I would so appreciate! Thanks!

Last edited:
Bump... just wondering what you are doing post STS and if you are maintaining the gains you made.. thanks!

I posted my results on the Sticky thread asking for STS results. In general, the results are fantastic. Is there anyone out there who wants to answer my question about what they are doing post-STS and if they are maintaining their STS gains and/or improving upon them? THANKS!

Saturn,

I'll do my best to answer your question. I finished STS in April and since then have gone through a rotation using GS, 4DS and S&H, Cathe's June rotation using Meso 1 upper body and Plyo Legs for lower body, and am currently doing a circuit rotation. I am definitely lifting way heavier with Cathe's older workouts workouts than I did pre-STS, so I have kept my strength gains. I am also still able to do chinups, which I never was able to do before STS. My definition is the same as when I finished STS.

STS is a hard act to follow, that's for sure. One thing I did is for GS and S&H, I took longer rest periods than the DVD allowed in order to lift 80-90% of my 1RM, then with subsequent rotations I followed more closely the rest periods on the DVDs and ended lifting about 60-75% of my 1RM, depending on the number of reps.

Saturn,
I just finished STS last week so I'm in my active recovery week & enjoying a much needed rest. I'm thinking of doing Cathe's June rotation next.

Saturn,

I'll do my best to answer your question. I finished STS in April and since then have gone through a rotation using GS, 4DS and S&H, Cathe's June rotation using Meso 1 upper body and Plyo Legs for lower body, and am currently doing a circuit rotation. I am definitely lifting way heavier with Cathe's older workouts workouts than I did pre-STS, so I have kept my strength gains. I am also still able to do chinups, which I never was able to do before STS. My definition is the same as when I finished STS.

STS is a hard act to follow, that's for sure. One thing I did is for GS and S&H, I took longer rest periods than the DVD allowed in order to lift 80-90% of my 1RM, then with subsequent rotations I followed more closely the rest periods on the DVDs and ended lifting about 60-75% of my 1RM, depending on the number of reps.

This sounds great- thank you!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.