Finally! Some Good News!

ashaw

Cathlete
I wanted to thank everyone here for all their support. Being able to share what I've been going through has been healing and therapeutic. I'm very thankful that its been a month since I've had any abdominal pain although I know I need the operation. I've been reading a lot of stories online about female fitness enthusiasts that have had hysterectomies and have made a comeback, some even better than before. Basically, I'm having everything but my right ovary removed, unless there's any cancer found. I should hear from the hospital tomorrow and it will be sometime after October 30, so I've got time to prepare. Meanwhile I've been back to Cathe full speed doing my all time favorite Cardio Slam yesterday. I really can't wait for Lift, Move, Restore to come out, I've got all the equipment ready in my closet and think this will be a wonderful series to help me restart fitness and also when I begin my CNA career, where ever that may be.

Needless to say, my mom and step dad are very concerned for me, both health wise and home wise. On Wednesday at lunchtime, we had planned to have a family "pow wow" to discuss what's next, cost, etc. Shortly before that, I get an email from my mom, that she and my stepdad were sending me a check for a very considerable amount of money, like almost inheritance worthy amount, so much I'm still overwhelmed by it. They know I'm trying to hang in this marriage, I've spent this last year trying to better myself and if not for Luca, I would probably be at their house, its just my mom can't be around dogs due to the risk of a scratch turning into life threatening bleeding and no matter what, I can't leave Luca behind. With these funds put away, I can focus on myself, healing, finding work and then eventually crafting an exit strategy. There is still an unknown about the status of our house and whether we will be asked to leave at the end of the year, but at least should worst case scenario happen, Luca and I would be able to get our own place and I'd finally be able to make a clean start. I know that the chronic stress I've been under hasn't been good for my health.

I should add that my stepdad is one of the most generous people I know and I consider him my dad. He's been in my life since 1999, longer than the relationship with my biological father and what he and my mom decided to do for me is beyond what I could've imagined.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.