Finally sampled all the 4DS weights

boybielicious

Cathlete
Took me a long time to get to it, but that's why Cathe is always waiting for me. :eek: I didn't do it all at once mind you, just finished getting to them all. Ha.

Things that stuck out in my mind that I really loved....

-the barbell skull crushers superset with the dumbell extensions. Ouch!!
-dips with the ball (I need to work on balancing better, but I like them)
-bicep barbell (crazy 8s are the death of me) & the hanging concentration curls (no lie you really have to concentrate hard to squeeze at the top of the peak...then i love the last really slooooow rep)
-love those wrist curls and the reverse curls, too.
-all the varieties of pushups, except the clock thing. That sort of annoyed me, but maybe I'm weird.
-underhanded slow barbell rows. Yeowch.
-horizontally held dumbbell for wide rows. Niiiice.
-the overhead shoulder press alternating arms (static hold)...also the band external rotation.
-low plane lunges. mommy.
-step ups slightly off the side. mommy.
-core work in the leg w/o one. i needed the wahhhhhmbulance, here. I actually yelped out loud :confused:

I loved in general how it was heavy, fast, & to the point. I thought I could go heavier on some exercises, until I realized the rep pattern and/or rep count.

These are just some of my immediate thoughts in case anyone was curious or enjoyed reading these things.

I'm with you on the low plane lunges! They get me every time, but somehow they're more doable to me than other lunges, like the super slow ones in GSL.

I love the weight work in 4DS. I think I'm going to do them all next week (I was supposed to do them all this week, but I got sidetracked by Rhythmic Step).

And I love the ab work on the KB/leg workout, too. I don't like the other one as much, but I'm sure it's good for me.

Glad you liked the series! It's one of my favorites.

By the way, I love your signature. Family Guy rocks!

anne

DEBSTER!!!!! How are ya girl!! I love 4ds upper body premix!! Except the band work :eek: I always loathe band work :rolleyes: I'm with ya on those low plane lunges. I cry a bit when I hear Cathe say it's time for them :D

Have a Happy Holiday!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.