Fell during HSTA!

brickhouse

Cathlete
I'm so embarrassed to admit it...I don't know if I wasn't fully awake or what. It was during the first drill where you do the fast feet. I used a 8" like Cathe does and before I knew it I was off balance and my foot caught the top of the high step. The worst part was I fell into the weight machine! My butt is going to have a weird bruise...

Needless to say, I lowered the high step to 6". I'm wondering if I should put some highly reflective yellow tape along the sides of the step to distinguish it from the carpet (they are the same color)..

Just thought I'd share, my DH will surely roll his eyes!

Jeanette

The first time I ever broke my foot I did it while putting together a rebounder. I was straddled over it trying to screw one of the legs on and just fell. I have to say, telling everyone that story I got some of the strangest looks, lol. So, I can completely feel your pain about the embarrassment!

It seems like putting tape on the step would be a really good idea, especially if it's such a similar colour. I know sometimes I'll lose my footing, especially during the faster drills/stepping sections just because I'm so focused.

OUCH!!!!!:eek:

Wow that is going to hurt tomorrow. Using the tape around the step is a good idea. Also try to wake up a little longer when you are sleepy. I'm clumsy in the morning too. I usually wait at least 15 mins. before I work out.

OUCH...just thinking about it makes my butt hurt.

Jeanette, don't be embarrassed. You are lucky you weren't hurt. Besides the impending bruise of course.

The second to last time I did HSTA, I fell on the last segment. I can't remember the name of the move, but it's similar to "fast feet" but you go from side to side. My foot caught the side of the step and I went backwards and landed right on my butt! My DH witnessed the whole thing and lucky for him he had the sense to ask if I was okay before busting out in uncontrollable laughter.

I'm really surprised I didn't hurt myself. I've got some junk in the trunk so it cushioned my fall! ;-)

The last time I did HSTA, I was very cautious!!

Hmmm, maybe highly reflective yellow tape is a good idea...

STRADDLE TAPS...I knew I'd think of it!

Well to make you feel better my friend and I were doing drill max together at her house and during the fast feet section where you move around the step there was slightly limited space around my step. She was more concerned with me and stopped paying attention and next thing I see was her falling to the ground! Needless to say we had to pause and giggle and check to see if she was allright of course.
Anyway I have a feeling next time it will be me.
Hope you heal quickly.
nkuangel

It's okay, my dear. The other day I was doing the tough abs section of Core Max, and the med ball slipped from between my thighs and hit me in the face! It hurt!
I hope your bruise isn't too bad. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.