Feet Pains

Hello everyone. I did Kick, Punch, and Crunch for the first time on Sunday and during the workout, my feet got pretty sore (especially during the front-to-back shuffling). Afterwards and the next day during PLB they felt fine. Today, I did Low Impact Step, but with an 8" height (I ate 3 of Barefoot Contessa's outrageous chocolate brownies last night). Afterwards, the soles of my feet were extremely tense. I did some stretching, but they still hurt. Has anybody else experienced this? Is it serious?

Where exactly on the soles of your feet is it sore? I have developed tendinitis a few times on the balls of my feet, and it was incredibly painful. When was the last time you replaced your shoes?

Natalie

Could be plantar fasciitis -- do LOTS of runner's stretches. Also hang each foot off of a stair to stretch out your calves. I've had PF on and off for 18 months. It is very quiet now, thank goodness, but I have to say that step aerobics really aggravated it (but running doesn't, go figure)

Do some searches on plantar fasciitis - there have been lots of recent/past threads regarding PF.

Good luck and stretch!!

Heidi

I suggest you make an appointment with your doctor. I did KickMax a couple of weeks ago and injured myself while doing blast #7. I ended up spraining a tendon on the bottom of my foot. Luckily, I didn't tear anything!
Lorrayne

I'd definately keep stretching as suggested here. I have problems with my feet and find that in addition to stretching I need good arch support, good lateral support for side to side movement and I replace my shoes often. Rolling a tennis ball under your feet if it is PF will help. This is akin to massaging your soles. I get a deep massage every week just on my feet. You may try reflexology too. This may seem like too many suggestions, but when your feet hurt it limits your exercise possibilites and that makes me mad.
Hope your feet feel better!
Amy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.