Feet pain??

dewella

Hi. I love your Maximum Intensity Strength tape. I have a problem with the soles of my feet hurting badly when doing the squats and lunges. I try to balance my weight as much as possible on the heels of my feet and this helps some, but the pain is so bad sometimes it feels like my feet want to cramp up. What am I doing to cause this and what can I do to eliminate this problem? Thanks.

Same question...

I am anxious to see the answer to this one. This happens often to me too...

Cheers,
Jessica

Crampy feet

Are you doing this workout on carpet? Many times when you do lunges on a cushy carpet, your feet work so hard to balance during the "landing" of the lunge that they cramp.

Are you wearing shoes? Many times when people weight train in the comfort of their home, they will do the workout without shoes. This, too, strains the feet. Especially if you are in socks since this can cause you to dig in hard with your feet so that you don't slip.

If you do wear shoes, do they offer good support? If they are either worn out, pinch your feet, or provide too much traction, these are things that could add up to your feet taking on more of the load then your working muscles.

As far as form is concerned, be sure that when you land from a lunge or perform reps in your stationary squat position, that you do not curl your toes under. This also leads to foot cramping.

Hope this helps!

Feet pain follow-up

Hi Cathe. Thanks for responding so quickly. I do the workout on my hardwood floors and I do wear some really comfortable Nike crosstrainers, so I feel like that should be enough support. I will try to make sure that I don't curl my toes and see if that helps. Someone told me that maybe I am not warming up enough. I do the warmup on the tape, but maybe since my feet seem to be extra sensitive, I should do something additional before the lunges. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do for extra warmups? What about walking for about 20 minutes before I even start the tape?

Thanks Cathe!

Thanks for the quick response.
happy.gif
I am on hardwood with crosstrainers as well, but I think I may be curling my toes under. I'll watch for it.

Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers,
Jessica

walking

Walking is always considered to be a wonderful warm up. If you have the time and enjoy walking, 20 minutes is great. However, as a warm up, you should be fine with just 10 minutes.

Thank you

You are wonderful!! I really concentrated on my toes and I was curling them under. It has made a world of difference when I don't curl my toes and I keep most of the weight on my heels. Thanks so much.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.