Favourite Beauty Products

Bernard

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

I am setting you all a challenge for the weekend, I am curious to know (being a qualified Beauty Therapist) what are your favourite beauty products, what can you never live without ? A favourite perfume or lipstick you have always worn and love !?!
I will start you off because I am a Beauty product collector (my dressing table dips on one side, there are so many lotions and potions stood on it !):

1. Favourite perfume - chanel no 19 or Coco Mademoiselle
2. Favourite shampoo - Aveda Sap Moss and Sap Moss conditioner
3. Favourite Face moisturiser - Decleor Hydra Vital Comfort Cream
4. Favourite Body exfoliator - Finders Dead Sea Salt Brush
5. Favourite body Lotion - Decleor Systeme Corps moisturiser & Clarins Eau Dynamisante Body Lotion.
6. Favourite hand Cream - L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream
7. Favourite Nail Products - OPI ! The Best IMO !
8. Favourite Lipstick - Chanel Glossimer Spark Lip gloss

And I can't live without Tea Tree Oil and Avocado oil !

Yours , being curious and very nosey, spill the beans, please !

Anna

Well here's my tips

1. Perfume Beautiful Estee Lauder
2. I don't actually wash my hair my hairdresser does (shock horror)
3. I'm using the new L'Oreal lotion very good
4. Body Shop exfoliator
5. Vasline Intensive Care
6. Vasline for hands and nails
7. Can't paint nails due to calicum defiency
8. Anything by Prescriptives or Revelon

As you can see I don't spend a lot I tend to go for lots of water and vitamin E with Evening Primrose oil for my skin, I only wear make up when going out of if I just think I look like something the cat dragged in.

Babs

1. Clinique Black Honey Lipstick ( gives lips sexy, no lipstick look)
2. Lancome Dual Finish Powder
3. Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner
4. Jil Sander #4 Parfum
5. MAC lipliner in Spice and Plum
6. Maybelline Smooth Result Foundation (very cheap, very good)
7. Renova (by prescription only) to ward off wrinkles
8. Alpha Hydroxy Cream
9. Bath and Body Works Body Splash in Warm Vanilla Sugar
10.The Body Shoppe hemp cream for dry hands

I use Bed Head products for my hair
Nivea Skin Firming Lotion
I only use Stila Makeup
Vaseline to keep my lips from chapping (I can't sleep without it)
Ponds cloth makeup removers.
Really my Stila makeup is my addiction!!

Cari

My favorite perfume is Oscar de la Renta -the original fragrance
My favorite products for face, skin and hair, are Aubrey Organics products (www.aubreyorganics.com) and Kiss my face.

I can't live without jojoba oil for my hair. It's wonderful. Not only moisturizes your hair but also works as a sun block for your hair.

Hi,
Just want to say, on my first visit to America, I checked out the Bath and Body Works Shop, and absolutely loved it, AND I adore the FRESH shops, we don't have them in England (yet!, I am hoping !), I went home with some Soy soap in Fig scent, it is heavenly !

Thanks

Anna

I try anything and everything and have a bathroom full of products. My staples are:

CCB Paris illumnating cream
agnes b. smoothing makeup perfector
L'Oreal Voluminous mascara
Benefit browzings
Infusium and John Frieda Frizz-Ease hair products
Perfume and body splash is Heavenly by Victoria's Secret.

All my lotions, eyeshadows, foundations, and espcially lipsticks - I'm a lipstick junkie - are a mish-mash of brands - I now have to try that Clinique Black Honey lipstick Sunsetbeach mentioned!)

Lorrie

Just curious if the Lancome dual finish powder is a compact type of powder that combines the foundation & powder into one??? I been using "Circle of Beauty" (Sears) products for the past few years and they just discontinued all products a few months back!:-( I am almost to the bottom of my compact. Any ideas or suggestions from anyone welcome. TIA! (PS This powder could be used wet or dry. I liked it dry! More of a light matte finish)

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Debbie,

QVC America stocks Smashbox, which is a fantastic product range, and they do a wet and dry foundation, you can check ot QVC's website and their own web site, www.smashbox.com.
QVC UK sells Smashbox too, and the wet and dry foundation gets brilliant reviews too in the UK.
I have never used it but I have used other items out of the range and they are FANTASTIC. Especially their cream eyeliner !

Anna

Hi Debbie,
The dual finish comes in a compact and can be worn wet or dry, as a foundation or as a finishing powder. I use it as a finishing powder, It gives a very polished look. I absolutely love it. I tried the cheaper version made by L'Oreal (same company) but it is not as good. I have used dual finish for 10 years and have never found anything superior to it. Also, they have a huge array of beautiful colors. It is about $30 but worth it, especially if you can buy it when they have a promotion going on. If it doesn't work for you, you can always return it.
Lisa

Hi Lorax,
The complete name is Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. It comes in a long silver tube. I used to wear it in the 70's when Clinique made it in a little pot. I rediscovered it about 8 years ago, they came out with it in the lipstick form. The only problem with it is that it does not stay on for a long time, so I have one at home and one in my purse. I hope you like it as much as I do!

Hi Mariela,

Just curious, do you use the jojoba oil as an intense hair treatment ? And does it wash out of hair easily ?

Thanks

Anna

Sometimes I mix it with my conditioner and then rinse it with hot water. Sometimes I just put the jojoba oil in my hair after I dry it with the blower. I think that it lasts in my hair for a few days, like three days (when it's time to wash it again). The brand that I use is Aubrey Organics, which costs about $10 plus shipping and handling and is 100% organic. It lasts (in my case, and I have long hair) about five months.

right now i am using Graffiti by Escada for perfume
makeup:mary kay (all i have ever used)like bobbi brown lipsticks
shampoo: i am really into Redken color extend right now
Body Shop toner and moisterizer for face
Body shop body gels and lotion
opi nail color
Kiels lip balm(THE BEST)!!!!
also love body shops cocoa butter!!
LOVE THE BODY SHOP!!!!
bedhead control freak straightining serum
kms hairplay

Yeah ! :) An OPI fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is your favourite colour ? I own about 50 (so far) shades and my all time favourite is Chick Flick Cherry !

Anna

hey anna,
i am really into the new romance colors...sweet heart is one of my favorites.the new fall colors are awesome too!!

Hi there,

I love the Romance colours too, Our Song is my favourite and Love Letter. So far, I have 6 of the new collection, my favourite being, Euro-Mazing, and I have Mmmm, Would You Like A Lick-tenstein on my toes at the moment. And I loved the South American collection, especially La Pazitively Hot !
The quality is fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you tried Essie nail polishes ?

Anna

My products are pretty basic actually.
Favorite Perfume: Jessica McClintok and Victoria's
Secret First Blush
For skin I love Nuetrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream
and Eye Cream. I also use their Visibly Firm Night Cream. I use Neutrogena Deep Clean face wash and Pore Refining Toner.
My make up is also all Nuetrogena Healthy Skin. I like how it feels. I don't even feel lke I'm wearing makeup.
Right now the Shampoo/Conditioner I like is Infusium 23.
It really seems to help comtrol these natural curls of mine!
For nails I use Sally Hanson. I've looked into getting OPI and now that I've heard such rave reviews I'll have to try it out! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.