Favorite place for maternity clothes (esp for talls!)

Monica11

Cathlete
Hi everyone. I am thinking ahead to when I will need to expand my wardrobe. What are your favorite places to shop for maternity clothes? I am relieved that old navy and gap now sell them, esp since they sell pants with long inseams. I just want clothes that look like what I wear when I'm not pregnant! Any other places to recommend? Has anyone tried Belly Basics? Their kits seem a bit pricy but the outfits look cute.

Monica

RE: Favorite place for maternity clothes (esp for talls...

Well I had lots of luck at Kohl's but I've been told thier maternity clothes can be made kinda short...which I happen to be. lol Sorry!

~Wendy~

I smoked my last cigarette on March 17, 2004 at 10:00 pm!

http://lilypie.com/days/050519/1/0/1/-5/.png[/img]
EDD: 05/19/05

Gap and Old Navy. I'm short so they work well for me, but I do believe they have stuff for the tall as well. If your on a money pinch check out ebay. I've gotten almost all of my summer maternity clothes from ebay and have gotten several Gap items new for at least 1/2 or less of the original got, only bad this is you can't return them. But for me that hasn't been an issue. Good luck! Oh Japenese Weekend may carry longs as well, watch out for the $$$
though.

www.japaneseweekend.com

ETA: I have found as I am smaller this pregnancy that only Old Navy and Gap have worked for bottoms that ACTUALLY fit! I heard that Japanese Weekend has small sizes as well. Funny thing is I'm not ity bitty either, hips are 36 1/2, but really it's been quite a challenge, and just forget Target WAY TO BIG!!!

So far I've bought most of my maternity clothes at Motherhood. I like to try them on first and Motherhood is the only store that I have in my area. (no Old Navy, Target, Khols, etc). How tall are you? I'm 5"6 and 3/4 and I haven't had a problem with the lengths.

I'm 5'8", but it's all in my legs (which sounds great until you consider what that means for my ridiculously short waist!). I know Old Navy and Gap have talls, and I emailed Belly Basics about their inseams but haven't heard yet. I am so annoyed that men's clothes are based on waist and length but ours are so arbitrary. Like if we're this big around we're supposed to be this long. Always been a pet peeve of mine....

I just got some stuff from belly basics.It was really nice,comfy stuff.I am 5'8" also-and a very short waist.Babystyle also has some really cute maternity,as well as naissance maternity.:)

I have found www.babystyle.com to be my favorite. Definitely not the cheapest place for maternity clothes, but they are some of the cutest maternity clothes.

http://lilypie.com/days/050710/4/23/1/-7/.png[/img][/url]

Due 7-10-05

Tall Maternity Pants

I am the owner of Mommy Long Legs. We specialize in tall maternity clothing. Inseams 34, 36 and even 38. We've got some great new product coming this fall. Pants, shirts, yoga wear. Check us out at www.mommylonglegs.com

Best of luck with your pregnancy!

Nice mat clothes can be quite expensive. My approach was to buy a few key pieces that were expensive and then fill in the rest with Old Navy.

Isabella Oliver (www.isabellaoliver.com) has BEAUTIFUL and stylish mat clothes. They will last your entire pregnancy, rather than just a trimester or two, wash beautifully (no shrink, no fade) and fit famously. I have several pieces, in fact, that I can also wear when NOT pregnant. That's how they're designed. So you truly get every dollar out of what you pay for!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.