Favorite/least favorite Cathe cardio moves

GreenEyedLefty

Cathlete
Favorite: pendulums, drop-squat-pendulums, reverse mambos, anything plyo.

Least favorite: figure 8s and other pivot-type turns. I work out on carpet and am prone to dizziness, so I have to modify all pivot moves unless they're on the step.

Anyone else?

I think there was another thread on this awhile back but here are mine anway.

Favorite: reverse mambos, cha-chas, shuffles across step, plie jumps
Least favorite: power scissors

I like the 'over the step" moves, like the one that has a 1-2-3, 1-2-3 count in Imax2, the drop squat/pendulum move, shuffles across the step, over-face-in-over (about the only pivoty/turny move I like).

I HATE ricochets (I always sub: they go too fast for my knee safety), and I absolutely ABHORE double ricochets (sub as well). I dislike pivot moves in general, or even plain old pivots (I don't see the point).

I also don't like some moves mostly because they take up too much space for me to do with good ROM in my living room: some around-the-step moves, two steps to the right with a turn and continuing with two steps (my space isn't that wide!).

Favs: Pengelum, Flying angle, airborn, plyo, slap clap:), ect like that

Disses: U turn, (confuses me with the regular turn step) and poney up (the footing sometimes confuses mex()

Cool topic;-)

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Well, I'm still relatively new to Cathe, although I have many of her workouts & I'm just loving all of them! So my response would not really be a favorite or least favorite move but rather a move I have a lot of difficulty with for some crazy reason. I just don't do the flying angels very well. I feel very uncoordinated with this move. Practice, practice, practice... right?

Kel

Green Eyed Lefty,
don't be sorry, these are always fun to do!!

Least Favorite: slam its (sounds wrong, is that what it's called?), flying angels, grapevines (but I love the double grapevine???) and those hamstring things you do in a circle (I can't think today!!)

Favorite: drop squat pendulums, shuffle down the board, rock horse, straddle tap repeators (??)
Brandi

My least favs are shuffles down the board. I sub a u-turn. Figure 8's. I'm also a carpet girl. Lots of pivots, I to get dizzy, ponys, my feet don't work right especially in step blast. And jumps. I can handle straight jumps, so I do them and plyo jacks.

My favs: the 1,2,3,4 box in I2. Side lunges off the step body max. Pendlums, rock horses, u-turns. I can easily think of the ones I don't like, but I do like a lot of her workouts and I can modify moves easily with a different step. So that's why Cathe is awesome.;-)

My leat fav are running around the board.The room problems. I have an 8X8 area for cardio. Phylo's and airbornes i do jumping jacks.I figure i am still pumping. Can't seem to do them well on the matts. I hate scissors also, maybe if i was on hardwood.
Oh, and the mountain thrust climbers. Matt problem there too. I slide, so back to the good old jumping jacks...
So, modify and still work it.
I say what ever works for you..
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Favorite...pump repeaters, Sumo squats

Least favorite...mambo cha-cha's and anything with a pivot

I love that peg leg mambo pivot in step blast and Imax3 (now I can do it!) and I have to admit I enjoy mambos and reverse mambos although I used to hate them because I couldn't do them.

I don't like too much pivoting because I always seem to end up on the wrong foot and I haven't really got enough room for triples around although I quite like them. I really don't like straddle taps in Imax-2, I find them hard even on 6ins. I do get a bit mixed up with ponys as well. Is it just me or can what a pony is exactly vary from workout to workout?

Only one move I dislike: Flying Angels! I never feel really balanced doing that move.

The rest of the moves are fun, fun, fun!

Favorites:

Basically every move from KP&C!
Anything involving a hesitation - it just feels cool to me!
Ricochets or double ricochets
Up-and-overs
Plyo heel digs (though we haven't seen this in soooo long!)
Power scissors
Power squats turning
Pendulums across the length of the step
Pendulums ala Circuit Max's 2nd hi/lo section
Heel-toe/diagonal hop turn
Long hop turns
Anything that feels like dancing (strike-a-pose from SJ&P, the turning in a circle from Kick Max, the running man, hop turn in a circle, etc)

Least favorites:

I love to hate (hate to love?) plie jacks
Ditto for tuck jumps

Faves:
mambo-pivots
over face in over
power 7's and 15's
lunges off step

Least faves:
dynamic outer thigh
triple step around the bench
that 16-count straddle tap repeater on top of step in Imax 2--I can't
make my legs move that fast!!

Oh I also forgot to add I dislike sumo squats and hammer punch lunges and the high step step ups my heart rate goes skyhigh and I die but I have lowered my step height to 10ins and these are more bareable than at 14'.

I think these are truly my least favorites. Everything else I modify and find to be fun.

Jenn;-)

HATE HATE HATE genie hops! I actually modify those! LOL!!
Flying Angels (don't feel right)
tuck jumps
front lunges (but I do them)
figure 8

Straddle Taps
Rock horse
ricochets
pendulum
A step
T step

I am sure there are more, but I have to think about it!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/151/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

I also work on on carpet - used to do it with no shoes on, which made the pivots easier, but was probably bad for me - so now with shoes ... I don't like:

Figures 8s
Mambo Pivots (not good for my knee)
Power Scissors (also bad for my knee)
Tuck Jumps (feel weird)
Flying Angels (I will FALL OFF the step)!

However, I like almost everything else, esp.:

Jumping Jacks
Riccohets
Grapevine
Insoles
Straddle Taps
Fast Foot Repeaters

Richochets and Power 15's. I can stand Power 3, maybe 7, but 15, forget it. And Richocets, if not done properly will injure your knee. I have a girlfriend who did one of these moves on a Cathe DVD and did just that, and she was on carpet. So, I do not advise doing this step, UNLESS you have the move totally down and know your CARPET!!

The only move I can think of that I thoroughly dislike is dynamic outer thighs. For some reason I cannot stand them!

Monica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.