Favorite Cathe Combos

horsing around

Cathlete
Good morning. Today I did X41 and Xtrain Supercuts. What a great metabolic burn this was! Loved this combo which led me want to ask, what is your favorite set of Cathe workouts to combine together?

Lisa

I usually don't have enough time to put 2 wkouts together.....BUT, today I did Hiit 30/30 with a muscle endurance pre-mix (Bootcamp and muscle endurance dvd). The pre-mix was "lower body split". Leg press with 10 lb weight, barbell lunges, dead lifts and great ab work. When I have time off I like to peruse my dvd's and do a solid cardio of some sort, then weight work. Or if I'm up for a challenge I'll do 2 metabolic type wkouts back to back like you did. I love that!! Tough stuff but feels great!

Last edited:
I love to mix two Cathe workouts together. Sometimes I'll do all cardio and then UB weight work. Other times I'll do some cardio, then some UB weights, then back to cardio, then back to weights, etc. Really mixes it up and makes it seem like all new workouts. I do workout over an hour M, W, F because I ride horses T, Th, and Sat. Here are a few of my favorites combos:

Low Impact Challenge (PM 5) with Body Max UB
All Out Low Impact Hiit (floor and step PM) with Max Intensity Strength UB
After Burn Express PM with Muscle Max UB
Cardio Super Sets with High Step Training Advanced UB PM
Super Cuts with STS Total Body UB
X-10 X-41 (Low Impact and Fat Blasting) with High Reps UB
Slide and Glide cardio with Flex Train
To the Max with Power Hour UB
Cardio Core Circuits with Super Sets UB
Circuit Blast with Body Max 2 UB
Cross Fire Less Impact with Push Pull
Athletic Training (first part) with Pyramid UB
X-10 Double Low Impact with Gym Styles (both discs time saver PMs)

Anyway, you get the idea. I love working out this way. Cathe could never have enough circuits and total body workouts for me. Be sure to list others that you do to give us some other ideas! Have fun.

I've been doing Tabatacise (usually short premixes) and Burn Sets or some other type of UB work and I have seen great results. I've steered away from step workouts where you're heart rate stays at a steady rate and began doing HIIT or Tabatta. I'm loving the results I've been getting. So, yes, either Tabatta or HIIT with some other type of workout that I love to combine together.

My favourite combo is To the max premix 30/20 Hiit followed by STS meso 3 squat Rack.:):):)
This is the leg combo which makes me most happy:):):)

CLB, cardio leg blast extreme premix...As much as I love it, I am happy it's OVER in the end.;)

Great thread! I do this all the time, and I call them "ME mixes" instead of "Premixes" (ME are my initials). My "ME" mixes are always less than 1 hour. Some recent "ME" mixes I've done are:

X10 Hi/Lo (skip stretch) with the first half of STS 36 Plyo Legs (skip warm-up) 40 min.
X10 Low Impact (skip stretch) with XTrain Hard Strikes - conditioning drills only (skip warm-up) 38 min.
X10 Step (skip stretch) with LIS Athletic Training - UB premix (skip warm-up & step section) 42 min.

Now I'm looking forward to trying some of these great mixes too:
Low Impact Challenge (PM 5) with Body Max UB
All Out Low Impact Hiit (floor and step PM) with Max Intensity Strength UB
After Burn Express PM with Muscle Max UB
Cardio Super Sets with High Step Training Advanced UB PM
Super Cuts with STS Total Body UB
X-10 X-41 (Low Impact and Fat Blasting) with High Reps UB
Slide and Glide cardio with Flex Train
To the Max with Power Hour UB
Cardio Core Circuits with Super Sets UB
Circuit Blast with Body Max 2 UB
Cross Fire Less Impact with Push Pull
Athletic Training (first part) with Pyramid UB
X-10 Double Low Impact with Gym Styles (both discs time saver PMs)

This is a great thread.

I just did this today! Today I had STS Meso 3 Squat Rack Legs going on one computer screen and Cathe's Hiit Pyramid Wave going on the other. During the long rests I did hiit segments - sometimes doubled them up. I've done this in the past with Meso 3 'cos the rests are long enough. I love mixing Cathe's workouts. I seldom do just one workout. I am more of a mish mosh gal - I need the variety plus I love Cathe so much I need a lot of her. Friends tell me I am in a cult. A Cathe cult. I tell them I can't get out 'cos I don't wanna!!!!!! I mean this in a good way. It's a good cult. It's a gult. LOL.

This is a great thread.

I just did this today! Today I had STS Meso 3 Squat Rack Legs going on one computer screen and Cathe's Hiit Pyramid Wave going on the other. During the long rests I did hiit segments - sometimes doubled them up. I've done this in the past with Meso 3 'cos the rests are long enough.It's a good cult. It's a gult. LOL.

I did this in the past but not in between rest time :rolleyes::rolleyes: This combo is a contrast training, same format as Cardio leg blast.
This type of training leave me with the afterburn effect. Great effective stuff. Very well done to YOU cause double wave is tough.
I wonder how you manage to keep mental focus inserting double wave in between squat rack:eek::cool:

Last edited:
Great thread!

X10 Hi/Lo (skip stretch) with the first half of STS 36 Plyo Legs (skip warm-up) 40 min.
X10 Low Impact (skip stretch) with XTrain Hard Strikes - conditioning drills only (skip warm-up) 38 min.
X10 Step (skip stretch) with LIS Athletic Training - UB premix (skip warm-up & step section) 42 min.

I think i will give your "Memixes" a try!
Thanks for sharing ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.