Favorite aerobic shoes

farmgirl

Cathlete
besides Ryka...I usually have bought Ryka, but my last pair seemed more narrow in the forefoot and resulted in pain through the medial side of my foot. I just ordered and have tried out a new pair (different model) from Zappos, this time in wide (which is usually not necessary even with Nike running shoes) and even went a full size larger than my dress shoe size and they fit pretty awful, toes go numb laterally and too big everywhere but the toebox....SO if anyone in the educated (and experienced) crowd has any other suggestions, my tootsies would appreciate it!!!
thanks and have a great day!
julie

Asics Gel

I really like Asics Gel shoes. I have several different models (running, x-trainers, court) and really like them. They are comfortable and fit well. Be aware, however, that they tend to run small. I normally wear size 7 and often end up ordering 7.5 or even 8 to get enough room.

Good luck!

I'm looking too
I am quite disappointed with my latest pair of Rykas. They fit wrong, have no cushion and hurt the inside of my right foot. Come to think of it, I wasn't that inpressed with my last pair.

I need a good sneaker for Step and plyo.

I'll be curious to hear what suggestions you get.
ellie

Funny, I was just thinking about looking for an email on workout shoes...
I've been doing the nike shox - great looking, comfortable - can't seem to get the laces right, always too loose or too tight. Curious to hear about shoes others love...

I have very high arches and I was wearing asics but I bought a pair of running shoes (brooks) from Zapos and I LOOOOOve them, my feet dont hurt anymore and they feel so good when I am doing step.

Lisa

Why can't a girl get a good pair of workout shoes anymore? LOL

I recently was shopping for a new pair as well. I haven't had a shoe that I LOVE LOVE LOVE for a very long time. I was shopping for a shoe that has a lot of cushioning in the heel because my PF started acting up after anything with impact.

I bought this pair:
http://www.famousfootwear.com/product.asp?product_id=1014736&variant_id=65854

So far, so good. I wouldn't normally wear this type of shoe for floor and step workouts, but I needed to find something that worked, and I'm loving them so far. Time will be the ultimate verdict here.

Gayle

I really like Asics Gel shoes. I have several different models (running, x-trainers, court) and really like them. They are comfortable and fit well. Be aware, however, that they tend to run small. I normally wear size 7 and often end up ordering 7.5 or even 8 to get enough room.

Good luck!

I second this--I LOVE my Asics gels for aerobics. I LOVE my Shox for the gym. :)

besides Ryka...I usually have bought Ryka, but my last pair seemed more narrow in the forefoot and resulted in pain through the medial side of my foot. I just ordered and have tried out a new pair (different model) from Zappos, this time in wide (which is usually not necessary even with Nike running shoes) and even went a full size larger than my dress shoe size and they fit pretty awful, toes go numb laterally and too big everywhere but the toebox....SO if anyone in the educated (and experienced) crowd has any other suggestions, my tootsies would appreciate it!!!
thanks and have a great day!
julie

Funny you said about toes going numb, mine do too and I didnt know what to think about it. I've been using the rykas but I feel they dont give enough cushion although ankle feels secure when I make side movements. I have a small foot (size 5) and have lots of trouble finding dress shoes let alone athletic shoes. Although in the rykas I wore 5.5 and fit well but numb toes. I wont do kids shoes because to me they look like kids shoes.

I think I will look into the Asics Gels to see if they at least have a size 5.5.

Why can't a girl get a good pair of workout shoes anymore? LOL

I recently was shopping for a new pair as well. I haven't had a shoe that I LOVE LOVE LOVE for a very long time. I was shopping for a shoe that has a lot of cushioning in the heel because my PF started acting up after anything with impact.

I bought this pair:
http://www.famousfootwear.com/product.asp?product_id=1014736&variant_id=65854

So far, so good. I wouldn't normally wear this type of shoe for floor and step workouts, but I needed to find something that worked, and I'm loving them so far. Time will be the ultimate verdict here.

Gayle

Gayle, I just looked at your shoes, and I like em. My question is, could this shoe work for cardio workouts along with using them for weight lifting?

thanks for everyone's input...I ordered some asics gel shoes from roadrunnersports.com and can't wait to try them
thanks to the educated crowd ;D
julie

Gayle, I just looked at your shoes, and I like em. My question is, could this shoe work for cardio workouts along with using them for weight lifting?

I'm sorry....I didn't see this question till just now! Yes, I've worn these shoes for both. I prefer to do my weight lifting in my 'heavier and flatter-footed' Rykas, though. lol But these Nike Reax are AWESOME for hi/lo, step, and kickbox.

Gayle

Have them.

Has anyone had experiences with this shoe?

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/43644957/c/143382.html

I recently bought a pair and have worn them only once (been sick; can't exercise :mad:), but didn't have any problems. I don't think I can give two thumbs up after only one wearing, but at least I didn't enounter any negatives!

Just make sure that you go larger than your normal size -- at least a half size. Asics run so small!

Hi Laura

Can you tell me the actual name of the shoe you bought? Zappos has an awful lot of Asics Gels, and I couldn't find a pair for aerobics. They were all for running. Thanks!

Sharon

Sharon, I got the Gel Kinetics. They were really expensive, but I got them over the summer so hopefully you can find them on sale. If not, check ebay--I got mine from ebay for half the retail price.

LOVE my Asics!!!

I ordered the Gel Intensity from www.roadrunnersports.com for 89.99 and tried them out doing Kick Max all the way through...LOVE THEM!!! Way cushier than the Ryka's I'm replacing and the ones I had ordered. Didn't need to order a wide size (I'm not normally wide, but Ryka's seem to rub otherwise) and they were very cushy and comfy. Usually I've had trouble with metatarsalgia for a while after working out esp. after I took my shoes off for the day...not so with these!!!
Thanks for the suggestions!
julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.