Favorite Ab segments

A

Alicia

I have been working out with exercise videos for over eight years and have done so many ab segments, that got me to wondering which ones were my favorites. I used to dislike working abs, because that is the body part that takes the longest to respond. And find by mixing up different types of exercises, that is how I see results. So here goes my favorite ab workouts:

1. Powerkicks-not the ab segment at the end, although that is okay, but the workout itself really works the abs.

2. Yoga for abs

3. Precision Toning

3. Ten minute solution- has a great pilates segment & it is only ten minutes.

4. Kelli Roberts-Abs & more & her ab segment from her step video.

5. Firm Strength -short, but effective ab segment.

6. Firm Sculpted buns & thighs- Why do they call it that, when more than half of it is abs. I think the ab workout is kind of dull, but i like it because I feel it.

7. Firm Better Body and buns-great ab routine & right at the beginning too.

8. Kathy Smith Timesaver Lift weights to lose Weight- the ab section alone is worth the price of the video.

9.Karen Voight Streamline Fitness-great ab & back section and nice yoga stretch ( I also like her Yoga sculpt video)

10. And of course Firm 5 day abs, cheesiness and all.

I would love to hear about your your favorite ab segments and/or videos. I have really found over the years that there are many ways to work your abs, besides the typical crunch. I am much more aware of my abs as my center and that has approved not only my posture, but my lower back. I pay attention when I workout and keep my abs tight.

Thanks Alicia!

I have 5 of the 10 tapes you suggested. I am not using any of them in my rotation now, but thought that I'd take some time to cue all 5 ahead to the ABS sections and have them ready to go. Thanks for the suggestions! I love all of Cathe's ABS. I particularly like the ABS sections from BodyMax, PS-SL&A & MIS. Thanks again for your tips!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.