fat on knees and stubborn tricep fat

nsaeolian

Cathlete
Sigh, I've lost over 25 lbs over the last while and exercise but I still have a roll of ugly fat on my knees, and my triceps still stubbornly jiggle!! I realise I will be 50 next month so maybe some of it is gravity rearing its ugly head, but any hints on how to get rid of that? By the way my other measurements are bust 32.5, waist 25.5 and hips 34.5. so the fatty areas look even more out of proportion. Yuk, so ugly.

Hey Nancy-
I'm no "expert" but I too had those problems. Cardio, cardio, cardio, weights and eating clean are the way to go! The knee fat went away with stairmaster 45 minutes 5-6 times a week. Triceps....well, they took a while but one day I looked down and Bam, no more fat! Vary your triceps workout. Do you have STS? That is a wonderful program to use for total body transformation.
I can't stress enough to food journal. I thought I was eating really good until I started to write down everything I put in my mouth. Also, 5-6 small meals per day really help with not being tempted to snack.
Hope this helps....you can view my transformation on Cathe's home page under Success Stories. I think mine is on page 2. That way you can see what I mean about my legs and arms!
Take care and work hard!!!
Terri

Hi Nancy!

As we age our metabolism slows down and our body is more sluggish when it comes to burning off calories. We now have to eat even smarter and add extra weight lifting to the trouble zones as well as add one or two cardio sessions per week in addition to the cardio quantity we are already doing. Not fun but well worth it in the end.

Good Luck I know you can do it :)

Sigh, I've lost over 25 lbs over the last while and exercise but I still have a roll of ugly fat on my knees, and my triceps still stubbornly jiggle!! I realise I will be 50 next month so maybe some of it is gravity rearing its ugly head, but any hints on how to get rid of that? By the way my other measurements are bust 32.5, waist 25.5 and hips 34.5. so the fatty areas look even more out of proportion. Yuk, so ugly.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.