family christmas gift ideas - help

jgarr44460

Cathlete
Does anyone here have any recommendations for family gifts. I am looking for something for my sister and family.
(Husband and 2 boys - 19 & 16) My sister and I do not go crazy with gifts. For example, last year I gave them the game Cranium and they loved it - they played it with guests. She usually knits my guys socks, which they love. All her guys are into soccer and they live in S.F. CA if that helps. I usually make her a gift besides the family one. I asked about each of us donating to a favorite charity this year - but she didn't go for it. She wanted to send us something.I look forward to any ideas you might come up with. I am truly stumped this year.

Hey, Jen...some of my favorite ideas for gifts are crafts. Like the stepping stone kit (where you mix a cement mix and the kids imprint their hands or initials in it before it dries), or the snow globe kit (where the kids can put in a pic of themselves, add water and glitter), or the plate/cup set (where the kids decorate plates or cup, and you in turn mail them in to be fired and sent back to you complete).

This year, I'm having my kids make a stepping stone for each grandparent.

Gayle

What about a family "activity" gift. You could go as simple as gift cards for dinner and a movie for all 4, or go as wacky as whitewater rafting for 4. The more "out there" you go the more expensive it will be, though. What do they like to do? Get them a gift certificate or a card for something they like to do or want to try but don't get to too often or haven't gotten to try.

Nan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.