False Eyelashes

fitdeb

Cathlete
Am I the only one not riding this wave? :rolleyes:

I was watching TV the other night and the actress looked like she had
awnings attached to her eyes!

Sigh, seems like too much work plus glue near my contact lenses scares the daylights out of me.

Debbie Russo

The other day I was in the bathroom and just so happen to look down and saw one of my daughter's fake eyelashes on the rug. I thought it was some sort of bug. LOL Needless to say I flushed that sucker down the toilet! LOL I will admit that long lashes really look pretty! I'll stick to mascara.

One word....Latisse. BEST. PRODUCT. EVER!!! :D

My salon sells this, but I worry about the side effects...specifically, changing the color of your eyes permanently. I don't know how common it is, but it scares me enough to keep getting my false lashes applied.
I love my blue eyes, I would be so upset if they changed color!

I was also worried about changing the color of my eyes with Latisse. I've heard there are other products similar to Latisse, but I'm not sure if they work. Has anyone used them.

As far as false lashes go, I will wear them on special occasions, but if I don't get them on right they drive me crazy!

As far as false lashes go, I will wear them on special occasions, but if I don't get them on right they drive me crazy!

That's how it was for me in the beginning. I originally got them for a special occasion, and I was so pleased with the look I decided to keep them up. They bothered me the first month or so, but I liked them so much I stuck with it. I eventually got used to the feeling. It took a few months though. The will to keep them has to be strong in the beginning. ;)

I'm not sure about other eye lash products. I sat next to a lady in the salon who had a friend that used latisse, and it did change her eye color a different shade.

fit44 said:
My salon sells this, but I worry about the side effects...specifically, changing the color of your eyes permanently. I don't know how common it is, but it scares me enough to keep getting my false lashes applied.
I love my blue eyes, I would be so upset if they changed color!

I can certainly understand your concerns. Blue eyes are so beautiful! I have been using Latisse ever since it hit the market, and I can honestly say that I have not experienced any side effects. My eyes are still hazel :)

I would not wear the fake ones just because my eyes are sensitive. However, I have had success with taking horsetail, its an herb and you can buy it otc it will make all your hair grow, so be aware of that.;)

I've been using Latisse for 3 years. My eyes are blue & the pigmentation has not changed at all. I asked several docs about it & they said it was a problem initially, but they've pretty much worked it out & it only happens in something like .001% of blue-eyed Latisse users. And if you notice their commercials, you'll see all their spokeswomen have blue or green eyes (Brooke Shields, Clare Danes, etc). I'm pretty sure this is not an accident. ;)

Fit44, be very careful w/those extensions. I had them & they pretty much caused my lids to go bald. :eek: I remember when I was getting the maintenance (which in itself is a royal PIA & very time consuming), & the tech told me it was taking so long b/c I had a lot of "baby lashes." I asked her what she meant & she said I didn't have many long lashes left. So I quit the extensions & went w/Latisse instead.

I've been using Latisse for 3 years. My eyes are blue & the pigmentation has not changed at all. I asked several docs about it & they said it was a problem initially, but they've pretty much worked it out & it only happens in something like .001% of blue-eyed Latisse users. And if you notice their commercials, you'll see all their spokeswomen have blue or green eyes (Brooke Shields, Clare Danes, etc). I'm pretty sure this is not an accident. ;)

Fit44, be very careful w/those extensions. I had them & they pretty much caused my lids to go bald. :eek: I remember when I was getting the maintenance (which in itself is a royal PIA & very time consuming), & the tech told me it was taking so long b/c I had a lot of "baby lashes." I asked her what she meant & she said I didn't have many long lashes left. So I quit the extensions & went w/Latisse instead.

Thanks for the advice Laura! I'm turning 50 this August!:eek::eek:
I've been doing the extensions for about 3- maybe 4 years now. I can't remember.:confused: I sleep during my fill sessions.:D My hair dresser attaches them and she told me that she would let me know if I needed to take a break from the lashes. She has had clients that needed to back off the lashes.
I would love to try latisse. What I have noticed is my lower eye lashes have thinned out considerably.
How long before you notice a difference?
I have to admit, the extensions are addictive.:eek: I love the look.

Get out! I haven't seen your pic for some time, but you look amazing!

I think the Latisse takes about 6-8 weeks for you to really see a difference, but it is great, & it works on the lower lashes as well. I think my lower lashes are even longer than my upper LOL. I get it online, it's a much less expensive, plus they participate in Allergan's rewards program so when you buy it you get points towards your botox too. :)

www.longlashesonline.com

Get out! I haven't seen your pic for some time, but you look amazing!

I think the Latisse takes about 6-8 weeks for you to really see a difference, but it is great, & it works on the lower lashes as well. I think my lower lashes are even longer than my upper LOL. I get it online, it's a much less expensive, plus they participate in Allergan's rewards program so when you buy it you get points towards your botox too. :)

www.longlashesonline.com

Laura, does Latisse make your lashes thicker? I need to wear eyeliner along with mascara because I don't have many lashes and they are short. I hope you say yes because I'm ready to make a purchase!

Yes! :D

Seriously, I will never go without this stuff again. It really is a wonderful product. And I'm a skeptic, so that means a lot. ;)

Okay Laura, you convinced me to give Latisse a try.
When you stopped getting eyelash extensions, did you have them removed or just let them fall off?

I just let them fall off on their own. I figured w/all the damage they were best left alone.

BTW, I found them very uncomfortable. Do you? Like, when I'm lying in bed on my side, they felt weird pressing into the pillow. I gotta say, it was a huge relief when they were all gone.

I just let them fall off on their own. I figured w/all the damage they were best left alone.

BTW, I found them very uncomfortable. Do you? Like, when I'm lying in bed on my side, they felt weird pressing into the pillow. I gotta say, it was a huge relief when they were all gone.

In the beginning I thought I would go insane, they drove me nuts. I almost had them taken off several times, but my stylist talked me into going with a more natural length. I could live with that. I will say they are uncomfortable right before a fill because my eyelashes have grown out, and they begin to twist and hang.
The latisse sounds like a much better way to go.... I was too scared to lose my blue eye color.

Another thumbs up for Latisse!

I have been using it on both upper and lower lashes as well as on my eyebrows. I have had great results in all three areas! In my case, my lashes don't seem to be thicker, but I seem to have more of them and they are longer and best of all, curly! I am someone who has always had to rely on an eyelash curler because I had lashes that actually pointed downward. No more!

I was not expecting to have my brows fill in, but I gave it a shot and they sure did. This was a welcome bonus as they had thinned out significantly over the years (I am 51). I am really pleased with Latisse...

I too have been told by physicians, including an opthamologist, that discoloration is extremely rare. None of them have even seen or heard of such a case. I do have a bit of discoloration along my upper and lower lash lines, but it looks like liner. Since I wear liner anyway, I just trace over it.

Juice said:
Another thumbs up for Latisse!

I have been using it on both upper and lower lashes as well as on my eyebrows. I have had great results in all three areas! In my case, my lashes don't seem to be thicker, but I seem to have more of them and they are longer and best of all, curly! I am someone who has always had to rely on an eyelash curler because I had lashes that actually pointed downward. No more!

I was not expecting to have my brows fill in, but I gave it a shot and they sure did. This was a welcome bonus as they had thinned out significantly over the years (I am 51). I am really pleased with Latisse...

I too have been told by physicians, including an opthamologist, that discoloration is extremely rare. None of them have even seen or heard of such a case. I do have a bit of discoloration along my upper and lower lash lines, but it looks like liner. Since I wear liner anyway, I just trace over it.

I use a lash conditioner called Nutra Luxe Lash MD only about $15 a month, no doctors visits and works just as well

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.