Failed 1 hr glucose tolerance test

bmccartney

Cathlete
I recently found out that I failed my 1 hr glucose test and was so surprised. Now I'm scheduled for the 3 hr test next Tuesday, and I can't help but stress out. I had gained 10 lbs total at my 25 week appt, which put me at 105 lbs, and I'm still exercising with Cathe (though not nearly the same intensity). I'm still sick in the mornings but try my best to eat a balanced diet and definitely don't go crazy with sweets, but I will have a cup of hot chocolate 1x/day and put honey on my grapefruit.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Bethany - Did they have you fast beforehand? I've heard some people say they were told to fast and other's weren't. They told me to stick to toast and water before the test. I've seen a lot of girls on this one pregnancy forum I'm on, fail the one hour, but go on to pass the 3 hour. I hope that's the case for you. Congratulations by the way!!! :)

Thanks Liann!

No, I had no special instructions before the test. I had just eaten lunch which did include a Chobani pomegranate flavored yogurt. When I was told that I failed, I asked the nurse if it mattered that I had just eaten, and she said absolutely not, that it's good to eat beforehand.:confused: Hopefully all this worrying will be for nothing and I'll pass the 3 hr.

Bethany,

First of all, I am thrilled for your pregnancy. I have not seen you here lately, and was hoping all was well. Do you know if you are having a boy or girl?
I failed my one hour test by 1 point but I passed the 3 hr test. I hope your testing goes well. It may not be your diet, could be other factors. Try not to stress. Just remember it is for the well being of your little one : )
Melanie

Thanks so much Mel! I haven't been on here much due to "all day" sickness, which is finally letting up somewhat. Thankfully the baby is growing just fine. We're having a BOY, due 8-13-11.:D I am so thankful and blessed to be at this point!

How is baby Evan doing? Did nursing ever get any easier for you? Have you returned to work yet?

That is wonderful Bethany!

Breastfeeding is so much easier. Once I made it past the 3 -4 week mark, I have not had any problems.

Unfortunately, I return to work 6/17 : (
I am dreading it, but ready to get into a regular routine. Evan will be in daycare part time and I will be working every Friday and every other Sunday (I work 24 hr shifts). So, it will not be too bad.

Mel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.