Facial Fillers

thinsgreat

Cathlete
Thinking of trying restalyne or Juvederm for lines from mouth to chin-- anyone know of any bad experiences with this??

What about the 'vampire' face lift? They take some of your own blood and use that as a filler, I saw it on Dr. Oz the other day.

I had Juvederm injections and loved the results. There was a little brusing on one side, but I covered it with make up and it lasted only a couple days. I would / will do it again.

I'm interested in this too, so thanks for asking, thinisgreat!

I've lost about 50 pounds over the last year and at 45 my face looks "okay" except for the lines around my mouth (parentheses). I'm nervous about a filler-I'm afraid I'll look like a chipmunk-like those women whose cheeks look way too huge because they are pulling back too much.

face lines

The best money I ever ever ever spent!!!!! I also do botox between my brows & forehead. Love it all I had artfill for the lines by my mouth, it is supposed to last a few years & has done so.
karen

I've been looking for an alternative for upper eyelift and I heard you could use facial fillers to lift the upper eyelids. Is ths true has anyone had it done on the upper lids?

upper eyelids

Find a good plastic surgeon & talk to him/her about fillers for the eyelids as opposed to plastic surgery. Cost wise & length of time it lasts will play a large factor. I had my upper & lower lids done by a reconstructive plastic surgeon who only works on the face. He also does my botox & the line fillers. If you can get filler shots for the upper lid the pain might be really bad. The bottom line, anything you do to yourself for yourself & to make YOU feel better about you is worth the time, effort & money

Good luck in whatever you chose

Karen

I've been looking for an alternative for upper eyelift and I heard you could use facial fillers to lift the upper eyelids. Is ths true has anyone had it done on the upper lids?

I've heard of fat transfers to fill in hollow eyes, never heard of using temporary fillers for eyes.
I get a pretty good eye lift with botox. Although I am going to ask about eyelid work when I consult for my lower face work. I just turned 49 years old and I'm not happy with the marionette lines around my mouth, and the beginnings of a turkey neck. The recovery on the short scar lift is less than a week.

Karen,

Can they do eye lifts in office under twilight like they do for the short scar lift? Or were you under full anesthesia?

I've had Juvederm at some lines around my mouth and really loved it (other than the cost) It's almost been a year and I may need another round of that. I've had Botox in between my eyebrows (not the entire forehead) and LOVED it. Will prob. do both again- the Botox is easy, relatively pain free and fast. The juvederm usually requires a local anesthetic and does leave some bruising for a few days.

Fit44, My partial facelift was done in the doctor's office with just a numbing shot, 1 vicaden & 1 valium. You can private email me if you want more details. I did not want to be put out, I was thrilled when my doctor told me how he does it. Of course I had the choise for general anesthesia.
Karen

I think the procedure I'm talking about is called liquid eyelift. I'm terrify to commit to upper eye surgery, if something goes wrong it won't be reversible.

I think the procedure I'm talking about is called liquid eyelift. I'm terrify to commit to upper eye surgery, if something goes wrong it won't be reversible.

I would be more concerned with fillers around my eyes. I'm not afraid of surgery for my face because I've been researching surgeons and facial procedures for a few years now. I consulted with a surgeon 4 years ago, and he told me to come back when I am 50. :)
I'm consulting with 3 surgeons that have extensive experience and are well known in my area. It will cost more to consult with multiple surgeons, but I want to hear what each one has to say.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.