Face Cream

mabdoo

Cathlete
What types of face cream does everyone use to help with lines/wrinkles? I have 2 deep frown lines between my brows that are pretty bad for my age. I can't imagine how bad they will be in 40 years. I am trying not to frown so much but I do it when I read, write, just about all the time. I do have skin that breaks out a lot and is very oily. BTW my dermatologist said that no cream will work but I hope that is not the case. Thanks.

A friend who works in a dermatologist's office told me that botox works like a charm for lines between the brows. I've never tried botox, and probably never will because my worst lines are all in the lower half of my face, and far more drastic measures are needed to make a difference. Bet you didn't realize how lucky you were until now, huh? I'm envious.

Lucky? I guess it is a matter of perspective.

I haven't looked into botox but I thought it was expensive. I did look into juviderm and that is expensive.

I've been using the Clarisonic cleansing system along with Philosophy's Help Me cream for about a year now. The combo of those two products have drastically improved the appearance and condition of my skin, as well as that thick line between the brows. Don't get me wrong, the line is still there, but it's really less noticable and doesn't seem as deep.

I highly recommend the Clarisonic to get a deep clean - sometimes that makes all the difference. No cream is going to work on a dirty canvas.

BTW, I have very oily skin and large pores and I'm 35 years old. Both products have done wonders for my skin.

Good Luck!

What types of face cream does everyone use to help with lines/wrinkles? I have 2 deep frown lines between my brows that are pretty bad for my age. I can't imagine how bad they will be in 40 years. I am trying not to frown so much but I do it when I read, write, just about all the time. I do have skin that breaks out a lot and is very oily. BTW my dermatologist said that no cream will work but I hope that is not the case. Thanks.

No cream will help. Listen to your Derm.

Ditto that.

The only thing to get rid of those deep furrows is a combo of Botox and a filler, both of which only last a few months. My dermotoligst said that Botox can "teach" you to stop frowning so much, and maybe after a year or so you'll train yourself to stop furrowing your brows.

For fine wrinkles, I've used Retin-A since I was in my mid-20's (I'm 48 now), sunblock every day, and good old Pond's for a moisterizer.

wrinkles

Botox for the brow lines & crows feet, arte fill for the lines by the mouth. Arte fill will last a few years, botox a few months. Well worth the price!!!!!!!

Botox costs about half what fillers do. It lasts about 3 months, fillers last 6+ months. Megan, sounds like you don't really need fillers.

Silbow, I'm interested in Arte--my derm said it's not for women my age & I should stick with restylane for now. Can you give more info please?

True indeed. Take that money you'd spent on snake oil and take a nice vacation or some attractive new clothes that will draw attention away from the wrinkles I suspect no one notices but you ;)

Tazorac cream will help soften the lines. You can also try TCA peels (available at www.makeupartistschoice.com). Start with a low percentage and build up. You will peel though!! Nothing will take them away totally - and I, personally, don't like the look of Botox and fillers. And people tend to get carried away with it!! I don't love my furrowed brow, but I work on it!! =]

Here's me:

=:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.