extreme cardio

pisgat

I am looking for an extreme cardio work out some thing that is at least one hour of cardio and works at a 140-150 bpm . I have the all step tape and I enjoy it but I am looking for some thing similar with a much longer cardio section .

Thank you for your advise

i dont know what the BPM are..but your title of this thread is extreme cardio.....well imax, imax2 fit the bill....and probably imax3 which is about to be released!!!!

I have the All Step workout, and about a month ago got Power Max, Rhythmic Step, and Step Heat. Haven't done All Step in while, but if I remember correctly it's fairly short. The three that I recently got push about an hour each and I really enjoy them...lots of sweat! I am new to Cathe so don't have a lot of her workouts (yet), but if you enjoy All Step and just want a longer workout, I would recommend any one of those 3.

Hello,

I agree that imax 2 is an extreme cardio along with mic but...i know that my bpm is usually higher during cathe workouts about 175-185. I have been working out for 5 years and I am comfortable in this range. Does anyone else use use a heart rate monitor during cathe workouts? Do you have any Cathe videos and if so what does your heart rate stay around?

Mary - I use a HRM for Cathe workouts. I would say that my HR stays between 135-150 during the regular cardio sections and between 155-165 for the intensity blast sections. I'm new to Cathe and the workouts that I did with the bpm that I mentioned above are Step Blast, Imax2, and Boot Camp. I just got the CTX dvds and my HR was much lower for the CTX cardio sections. I don't think my HR ever gets up to 170 even though I'm working out as hard as I can in these workouts. My resting HR is around 60 bpm. I'm interested in hearing what others have to say about this.

Greetings! I use a heart rate monitor during workouts, too and for IMAX 2, it stays in the same range. For other videos, like Rhythmic Step, it tends to be a little lower. I'm glad I saw your post-- I've been working out for several years (fairly new to Cathe, though) and was concerned that my heart rate stays at my max during aerobics.

Best,
L

Yes i use a heartrate monitor when i work out with cathe doing her
cardio dvd. The one that really sky rockets my heart rate is thythmic
step mine goes anywhere from 149-179.
Love this tape. Hope this helps.

Dlburner:) :+

You guys are talking about two different things. BPM (as mentioned in the original post) is referring to the beats per minute of the music. Your heart rate is what you all are discussing. Just wanted to make that clarification. I believe the original poster was asking for workouts whose musical beats per minute were XXX-XXX, not which would make her heartrate XXX-XXX.

Wendy

ETA OOPS! Thought this was the Video Questions forum. Didn't mean to respond on the Ask Cathe forum. Sorry.

Getting back to the original question......you know, that if you just put any two cardios from the CTX series back to back you have 45 minutes of incredibly intense cardio! Mix them up any way you wish, the combos are plentiful and will all keep you busy.

Try also Step Blast, Powermax and Step Works, all of which are tough, sustained cardio, with either intervals or plyometrics mixed in.

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.