Exercising after Surgery

SarahA

Hello Cathe!

First I just wanted to say that I have been using your PS Tapes over the last 8 months with excellent results! (as well as your other cardio tapes). I was never so in shape before--I looked great! The beginning of September I had breast augmentation and since then I have not exercised for 3 months at all. I am just starting to lift weights once again with your tapes but it is so difficult, I feel like I am back to square one! In just 3 months all my hard work has been lost...I have gone completely soft and probably gained 8lbs! It all came back in my upper thigh/hip/butt area....Can you offer any advice as to why this is? Shouldn't my body be able to lift as much and get back into shape just as quickly? I am very depressed and want my old,thin,defined body back! What is your suggestion on the quickest way to achieve this?

Thanks!
Sarah

Focus and consistency

Hi Sarah! I know it is hard not be discouraged but you have to give your body time to come back. Assuming that you are officially recovered and allowed to resume lifting(make sure you have the doc's approval)your body needs time to regain its strength and muscle memory. While your body can't store fitness, it usually takes about half the time to regain what you may have lost. I think you will be surprised at the changes you will already begin to see in your lifting program in just as soon as three weeks. Overall, it will take a little bit of time. But you'll really need to maintain your focus, consistency and a positive attitude to once again retrieve your previous strength. Each and every time you lift, a little more muscle memory will return, a little less soreness will occur, and a little more lean muscle mass will develop(which will help to burn off the extra weight that you feel you may have gained). Be patient because many times it seems like you are hardly making any progress and then suddenly one day it clicks and all starts coming together. At that point, you will be on the up swing and start to see even greater results occur even faster. Hang in there
happy.gif
!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.