Exercises in Workouts Cards but not in the 1RM Calculator

christosz

Cathlete
This issue could have been mentioned before but my brain is a bit of a pulp right now to look it up... :p
While assembling the Workout Cards in Excel, I noticed that two exercises are missing from the 1RM Calculator when I select ->STS->Disc Number (even though there is a 1RM percentage on the corresponding cards). They appear when I select "All Exercises", though.

They are:

#640 Incline Bench Front Raise (dumbbell) - Disc 22, and,

#676 Seated Lateral Raise (dumbbell) - Discs 22-27-30-33-36

Chris.

BTW... weights still show in lbs :( You must be more frustrated with those damn bugs than me!!!!

We haven't moved the bug fix yet from the test server for the kg/lb problem. Hopefully, in a few more days we will finish the other tasks that are related to this fix and get everything moved over to the live site.

#640 Incline Bench Front Raise (dumbbell) - Disc 22

#640 Incline Bench Front Raise (dumbbell) - Disc 22 should now show in the 1RM calculator

#676 Seated Lateral Raise (dumbbell) - Discs 22-27-30-33-36

#676 Seated Lateral Raise (dumbbell) - Discs 22-27-30-33-36 should now show in the 1RM Calculator

That was fast! You must be working around the clock, 24/7 on this!

Thanks!

As for the lbs/kgs problem, I just finished the transfer to Excel so I'm good and ready to go tomorrow. So, if it isn't a priority (since I see only me complaining about it...:)) don't sweat it!

Thanks again for your patience and support!

Chris.

We just just released WM beta 2.1 and the kg problem should be fixed for you now. Make sure to refresh your browser before testing and let us know if it now works. This may also have fixed the vanishing 1RM results problem, but I have my doubts. I think the vanishing 1RM results were caused when we tried to fix a login issue some were having when they logged in on the home page for the Cathe Nation. Though we fixed that problem, we probably created a new one.

Yeap! Printing directly from the Calendar works!!! Compared it to my Numbers spreadsheet and it all looks fine!
(although, when I go to the STS tab in WM and try to print from there, it still shows the weights in lbs, but no biggie)

Also, you might want to correct the some typos, while you're at it. These typos appear on the drop down list in the Calendar:
Calendar --> Select Date --> Expand the day's workout (by clicking on the grey arrow on the right side column) --> Edit Workout

The form (Edit Workout) which appears either includes the wrong Meso and Week number in the orange header (as is the case with Disc 7) or no Meso or Week Number (as is the case with Disc 4) and in the drop down list above "Step 1." are the typos I mentioned above:

Disc 4 - M2 - W2 - Chest, Shoulders and Biceps
should read
Disc 4 - M1 - W2 - Chest, Shoulders and Biceps

Disc 7 - M3 - W3 - Chest, Shoulders and Biceps
should read
Disc 7 - M1 - W3 - Chest, Shoulders and Biceps

By clicking the Save & Print button the workout card appears fine (correct weights in kgs included) and the header only reads "Disc 4", which I suppose is what you want it to do.

That's it for now... Hope I helped a bit (I really don't want to be a nuisance...) but since I'm all set with my cards, have a sprained ankle (raised high up on my desk) and a tendency to problem-solving, I thought I might start scouting for any mistakes. I understand you guys took on a pretty challenging and never-done-before task and made it happen! Wish Microsoft or Apple were as dedicated as you are to your projects! ;)
Keep up the good work and let me know if there is anything more I can do. :)

Chris.

Last edited:
Both typos are now fixed. I'll have our developers fix the STS icon kg problem hopefully tomorrow. They just forgot that the calendar and the STS icon access the database a little differently.

Are you still having a problem with 1RM results vanishing?

Nope! Hadn't had a problem for a while. Actually I went crazy entering dozens of 1RM tests without a problem a couple of weeks ago.

Although, here's what I noticed when I entered 1RM results and some of them vanished:
When I entered a 1RM test result it appeared ok on the right hand corner. If I continued to enter 1RM's it all worked perfectly. But when I clicked on an already entered 1RM to see the weight and reps I entered and THEN tried to enter a new 1RM test, the previous one (the one I clicked to see reps and weight in other words) vanished and probably was replaced by the new 1RM... does this make sense?... :confused:
But if after clicking on an exercise on the right hand side to see reps/weights I clicked on any of the tabs (Calendar, STS, Home etc.) and THEN returned to the 1RM tab to enter a new test nothing disappears. All is entered properly and in the sequence I did it.
:)

Chris.

And now for some good news...

I'm fooling around with WM in the new Safari 4 public beta and it runs smoothly! :D

Chris.

And some more good news. The vanishing 1RM results bug has now been fixed. Thanks for the details yesterday. They helped isolate the problem. Glad to hear everything works fine in Safari 4.0.

I'm back! :D

The workout cards under the STS tab in WM show kgs today.

There's one question I have, though. There seems to be a difference of 1 kg in a few exercises between the workout card under the STS tab and the one printed straight from the calendar. Do they use a different formula or a different number of decimal places?

E.g. Disc 2 - Back and Triceps:
When printing the workout card from the calendar the target weight shows 23 kgs, but when printing from the STS tab the target weight comes up as 24 kgs - actually 60% of 39 (my 1RM) is 23.4. So my guess is that through the calendar the workout card rounds down or up the weight to the closest absolute value (<.4 to the previous value and >.5 to the next value) whereas the workout card under the STS tab only rounds it up to the next value.

I think that this might not be a big issue when doing regular sets and reps but in the case of pyramid sets I got a 14/15/15 kgs in a 12/10/8 rep set (Disc 19 Seated Front Press) when it should have been 14/15/16 kgs.

Again, it's not a priority for me since I already have all my cards created in a Numbers spreadsheet, but I thought you might consider looking into it in the future.

Ok... enough buggin'!!! :D:D:D

I'm off to bed - Back and Triceps await for me first thing in the morning!

Take care,

Chris.

We had two different developers working on this and each used a slightly different number in the formula for this conversion. This has now been fixed and hopefully will result in the same number regardless of how you print your workout cards.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.