everyone should know about this

Thanks Kathryn!

Like the consistent lies FED to us all in food commercials, my hope is that these kind of messages will take center stage. Truly "word of mouth" is powerful!
To know that 9 out of 10 breast cancers are environmentally triggered is staggering. We can no longer allow ourselves to be led like dumb sheep to the slaughter.

To know that 9 out of 10 breast cancers are environmentally triggered is staggering. We can no longer allow ourselves to be led like dumb sheep to the slaughter.

I believe most cancer are caused by the environment...I blame the environment for my mom's recent diagnosis of kidney cancer. She never had any health problems and now she has a 7 cm tumor on her kidney....out of no where!!

Thanks, Kathryn, for posting the video. It's just a good reminder how corrupt the food industry is.

Thanks for posting this Kathryn. It made me really sad & mad but was well worth the time to watch it. It's time for America to stand up & demand the same safe food other countries get. I'll be passing this link onto my friends.

What a shocker! I've always tried to avoid processed and pre-packaged foods but now dairy. Who knew? Do we have to start our own organic farms to insure our families won't get sick? I can only imagine how she felt when she started researching all of the foods she was feeding her children and what they put in them to make a glorified dollar. It seems like this country doesn't care anymore. That companies are in it for what they can get from us and to hell with our health.

Thanks Kathryn! I have become so suspicious of our food supply...I used to become very ill after eating at restaurants (within 10 minutes of eating) and knew something wasn't right. Long story short, I haven't eaten out in 15 years! I can't eat pre-made deli type foods either. My dentist pointed out that I'm allergic to pyrophosphates in toothpaste (make my mouth peel) and made the connection that many foods are preserved with pyrophphosphate. He wondered if they made my entire digestive tract "peel". I really can't afford a battery of tests to see what my problem(s) may be, so I just don't eat anything that I haven't prepared. I have always been focusing on the preservative/chemical aspect of food; I didn't realize so many GMO foods are in the food supply! I am slowly weeding out some of the processed foods that I have relied on....this video really has made me step up that effort.

I knew about bovine somatotropin (rBST) in 1994. I wrote Monsanto that I wouldn't drink milk with it. I wish millions would have written them.

Monsanto owns nearly all the seed companies now and they will genetically alter every seed eventually for their own profits. Seed savers are frantic about their own heirloom seed collections, because fairly soon, possibly in the next couple of decades, a tomato will not be the same on many levels and those seeds will be priceless.

WalMart and WalMart type stores also have their part in this. They want cheap, to sell cheap and people want cheap, and food corporations play by WalMart's rules. You think not, ConAgra, Quaker Oats, etc., they jump through the hoops when WalMart says how high. I have personal experience in this, right from the cat's mouth. Its not just the food corporations being the bad apples. Unfortunately, you can't ask people on very limited budgets to buy milk that is twice as much, food that is twice as much, etc., It is very sad.

Thank you Kathryn. It was very eye opening, as I did not know a lot of what was presented. Even my husband sat down and watched this with me. I am so disgusted right now.:mad:

I knew that soy, corn and canola are most likely GMO if not organic or labeled otherwise (and they are in SOOO many processed foods, either directly, or indirectly, as in HFCS, for example), but I sometimes 'forget' or get complacent about avoiding them. I need a reminder from time to time.

If only organic farming were subsidized and chemical-based (post world-war-2 neurotoxin using) agriculture were not.... our food system seems ass-backward, IMO.

It frightens me that "M*******" (that big multinational company that I think is the Devil ;)) has expressly stated that their goal is to control food production worldwide. And there doesn't seem to be much in their way. The FDA (or was it USDA? one of those 'consumer protection' agencies that doesn't do much to protect us, but rather serves the big companies) recently decided that GMO alfalfa doesn't need to be regulated, so that will soon come into our food supply.

My question is: WHAT DO WE DO? I know we can make our own individual choices (to a point, as the economy sucks and none of us is making enough money anymore), however, what do we do to facilitate change?

I'm learning every single day that this country is run by a bunch of corrupt freaks (to say it in the nicest way possible) who are only out for their own profit margin. That makes this country no longer democratic, as our voices do not matter. What we want or need does NOT matter. Period. Ever. And if we do not have money, we can not make our voices heard through what we buy. Myself, I buy mostly produce to eat, but I cannot afford organic most of the time. And the produce here is so bad in general that most organic produce is completely rotten by the time it hits the shelves. What do we do then?

I would love to make a difference. I would love to see change. But how?

My question is: WHAT DO WE DO? I know we can make our own individual choices (to a point, as the economy sucks and none of us is making enough money anymore), however, what do we do to facilitate change?

I'm learning every single day that this country is run by a bunch of corrupt freaks (to say it in the nicest way possible) who are only out for their own profit margin. That makes this country no longer democratic, as our voices do not matter. What we want or need does NOT matter. Period. Ever. And if we do not have money, we can not make our voices heard through what we buy. Myself, I buy mostly produce to eat, but I cannot afford organic most of the time. And the produce here is so bad in general that most organic produce is completely rotten by the time it hits the shelves. What do we do then?

I would love to make a difference. I would love to see change. But how?

This is one of the most intricate problems ever. A Catch 22 on every corner, and no real answer that will bring change quickly. There in lies the problem, it will be a slow change and this country has lost its patience.

If there was one place I wouldn't shop, its WalMart, they have caused mass extinction of small business and since there is no way to compete that has caused our manufacturing to exit to China. What has this to do with our food chain? It is a long domino effect in food manufacturing. It is so intricate, everything from shelf space to *shelf* life, Walmart tells the food manufacturing what it wants and they will produce it somehow, someway, which can evolve over years. Walmart is importing vegetables and seafood, meats from China because they can.

Send emails to retailers when you are upset. Tell them what you want to see in stores. Next, vote in every single election. Stop being angry and mute. Government is elected, and they get away with all this crap because we allowed them to get there.

One of the reasons why food manufacturing came up with ingredients for shelf-life was to feed the masses, here and overseas. We complained that the bread got stale too quickly, so dough conditioners were developed. People freaked out about bugs in grain mills, so extermination was imminent because who is going to want to ingest little bugs? I see people toss produce aside because of one little dot on it, that's why wax is applied, so it looks pretty, but also encapsulates all those pesticides. Rusty cans...whoa, no way, so lets line them with a plastic impregnated with BPA. Can't bring glass because someone is going to sue if you drop one, but glass is the perfect container. Think of all the plastic that we use in our life and how its developed. You get whomped if you wear fur, but that technical wear that keeps you somewhat warm is made of petro chemicals. Wanna really get green, lets go back to what people did 100 years ago with responsible farm husbandry, but you have PETA screaming on every corner. Corporations win because problems can be disguised and lawyers will argue a million different platitudes to their defense. Even if none of this makes sense, then do one thing positive on your own and next time you see something overtly stupid, say something about, right to the managers face.

This is one of the most intricate problems ever. A Catch 22 on every corner, and no real answer that will bring change quickly. There in lies the problem, it will be a slow change and this country has lost its patience.

If there was one place I wouldn't shop, its WalMart, they have caused mass extinction of small business and since there is no way to compete that has caused our manufacturing to exit to China. What has this to do with our food chain? It is a long domino effect in food manufacturing. It is so intricate, everything from shelf space to *shelf* life, Walmart tells the food manufacturing what it wants and they will produce it somehow, someway, which can evolve over years. Walmart is importing vegetables and seafood, meats from China because they can.

Send emails to retailers when you are upset. Tell them what you want to see in stores. Next, vote in every single election. Stop being angry and mute. Government is elected, and they get away with all this crap because we allowed them to get there.

One of the reasons why food manufacturing came up with ingredients for shelf-life was to feed the masses, here and overseas. We complained that the bread got stale too quickly, so dough conditioners were developed. People freaked out about bugs in grain mills, so extermination was imminent because who is going to want to ingest little bugs? I see people toss produce aside because of one little dot on it, that's why wax is applied, so it looks pretty, but also encapsulates all those pesticides. Rusty cans...whoa, no way, so lets line them with a plastic impregnated with BPA. Can't bring glass because someone is going to sue if you drop one, but glass is the perfect container. Think of all the plastic that we use in our life and how its developed. You get whomped if you wear fur, but that technical wear that keeps you somewhat warm is made of petro chemicals. Wanna really get green, lets go back to what people did 100 years ago with responsible farm husbandry, but you have PETA screaming on every corner. Corporations win because problems can be disguised and lawyers will argue a million different platitudes to their defense. Even if none of this makes sense, then do one thing positive on your own and next time you see something overtly stupid, say something about, right to the managers face.

You are absolutely 100% correct about all of it. I do speak up, however. A LOT. I have written countless e-mails to managers and CEOs of stores, but nothing comes of it. They only see money. And the frustrating part is exactly what you said above, no matter what you do, it is a problem, causes a problem, or is sourced from a problem. We live in such an unnatural and disgusting world now, that there really is nowhere to turn. I do hope change comes, but it will be so slow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.