Every woman should be professionally fitted for a bra

jdawnc

Cathlete
I just recently went to a higher end lingerie store to get a proper bra because I was feeling a little clueless on my bra size because my 36B was not fitting right. It seemed like it was good for about a month before they started to stretch out.
So the lady at the shop that help me comes into the fitting room critiques the bra you have on and tells you how a bra should fit. She went and got a few bras for me to try and man handles all the straps for the proper fit. I literally just stood there and had her getting me all different kinds and sizes.
I left with a 32DD!!!!! I couldn't believe it. My breast look and feel great and my back is a bit stiff due to having the correct posture in my new bra!

I totally agree! I had the same experience....I went to a store where the woman was a professional fitter and I can't tell you how nice it was to have someone helping me get different sizes, running back and forth. If she wasn't there to help and give feedback, I would have left without making a purchase at all because to get a different size, you have to get dressed again, pick out the different bra, undress....it's a big pain!

ITA!! I was wearing a 38D before I lost a ton of weight and I know it wasn't the right size (too small). Last year I finally went for a fitting and I went in wearing 36B and came out wearing 32C push up!! SO much better. This makes a HUGE difference.

I realized this over the weekend when I went to JC Penney three times to buy/exchange bras and ended up with none...

Now you all know what I'll be doing this weekend!!

Actually, now that I think of it, there is a huge Lady Grace store near my work. Maybe I'll go there tomorrow on my lunch break.:cool:

When I got professionally fitted, I went from a 34C to a 34DD!!! But I have to agree, I feel soooo much better now that my bras fit properly!

Ladies, I can't tell you how important it is. I work part time at a lingerie store and I'm amazed by how many women don't know what size they are or are wearing the wrong size. I also encounter a lot of women who insist they are a "36c" for example when they should be wearing a DD cup. When you tell a woman she should be wearing a bigger size, it's immeditaly taken as an insult, that's she's fat. Honestly it's not that at all. Trust me, I've seen all shapes, sizes and although it's not an exact science, every woman should get a proper fitting especially if she has recently lost weight. Gravity reeks enough havoc on a woman's body without us adding to it by not supporting the "girls" properly!!!

Get fitted!!!!!!!!

I was fitted a few years ago and what a difference it made. The lady told me when you try on a bra, you should only be able to hook it on the first hook and it should feel quite snug. The reason for this is that they stretch out over time and if you buy a bra that you can hook comfortably on the third set of hooks, then it is too big. Once it stretches out there is no way to make it tighter. I was wearing a 36 my whole life until I was fitted correctly in a 34. It's amazing how an ill-fitted bra can ruin your whole day!

I read some were that 80% of woman are wearing the wrong size bra.

I was excited to hear the number 32, which I thought I would never be, and DD!!! My sister in law is big chested and always insisted she was a DD, mind you that was the biggest size the store had, she went for a fitting and was a F. Also with the right bra my posture is a lot better.

Isn't it amazing? I wore a 36C for decades until I got fitted for a 34D, and it made a big difference. Now they tell me I wear either a 34D or a 32DD depending upon the style of the bra. I was recently told what you were told too, Carolyn. I had no idea it was supposed to feel tight!

The shop I went to this year also sells swimwear, and they fitted me for that too. For the first time in my life, I have swimsuits that fit properly!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.