Evangeline Gloria has arrived!

MSJ

Cathlete
And, I was not induced:7 :7 :7 .

Okay, so I wake up Tuesday morning at 3:00 am and felt a little nauseaus, so I lay down and watched a movie, during the course of which I began to have contractions about 10 min apart, but did not pay much attention because this had happened several times before. These were "sharper" however and I wondered if perhaps this was the real thing.

At 5:00 I woke my husband and told him there was a possibility I was in labor. We took a shower and during one of my contractions he told me that yes, I was in labor because of the expression on my face.

I called the hospital at 6:00 and told them that I was scheduled for induction at 7:00, but that we were coming in now because I was pretty sure I was in labor.

On the way to the hospital, my contractions were 4-6 min apart and getting more painful. I had no doubt now that this was the real thing.

At about 7:30, they checked me and I was between an 8 and a 9. I probably could have gone naturally, but the pain was quite intense by this point and I was afraid of staying at this point for a while. So, I had a spinal, because there was no time for an epidural.

At 7:45, they broke my water and at about 8:20, I felt the urge to push. It was very intense, because whatever was in the spinal did not block all or most feeling as an epidural does. The nurse checked me after a few minutes and said, "Oh my she's right there" and called the doc. She was crowning as he ran into the room getting his stuff on and the nurse was holding her head to keep her back and I was told not to push hard (what???). They wanted me to do long slow pushes, which was really challenging. Anyway, she was born at 8:26 am.

She was 9 lbs 1oz, which seemed really small to me after Bardric the Bruiser (10 lbs, 7 oz) and 21 inches long. She is healthy and nurses well. I feel really good this time. For the first time, I did not have to be catheterized. I peed on my own within a couple of hours. I am really tired and having significantly more cramping this time (they say this happens the more babies you have, because the uterus has to work harder to get back in shape). I am hardly bleeding and my pelvic floor does not hurt.

The 3 oldest children are fighting over her and Malcolm and Bardric are fascinated by her. Bardric has not shown any jealousy yet. I have not had a jealousy problem to date, but Bardric is such a momma's boy, I thought that if it was going to happen, this would be the time.

I thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. It's always nice to have these forums at my fingertips to just gripe or whatever. It's kind of therapeutic.

Anyway--Susan--I think you are next:7

Maggie

Oh Maggie....you must have JUST posted. I'm hopping up and down for you and crying!!! That is such a cool story and I'm praising the Lord with you.

BEAUTIFUL NAME TOO!!! We almost named our first Evangel (Boy)...I love Evangeline. I bet she's beautiful!!! Get some rest..your done your done your done your done. BIG BIG HUGS!!

Briee (Hey Mel...you were right!!)

Maggie- what a wonderful story. And, that is one of the most beautiful girl names I have heard. I am a sucker for names of virtue.

Congratulations again. My kids have all been right at 9 pounds too. I cannot even imagine birthing the bruiser.

Kristan

Congratulations! What a wonderful birthing experience!! Evangeline's timing could not have been better- what a little angel, preventing induction! :) And yes, those afterpains are brutal for subsequent babies aren't they? I remember saying they hurt more than labor for me! But that was just for a few days. Best wishes to you and your family.

Lisa

mommy of Alyssa 2.5
and Cole 7 mos.

Congratulations Maggie!!! What a great story. I LOVE the name too.
I'm glad everything worked out well.
I think you're right....I'm NEXT. I have a scheduled C-Section for January 31.
Susan C.M.
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://bd.lilypie.com/elmYm5.png[/img][/link]

Maggie, That is amazing that you went into labor just before you were supposed to be induced.

Congratulations to you and welcome little Evangeline!

Well, your doc is getting paid well for just barely showing up in time. ;) Are you nuzzling your little newborn's head? I know that's your favorite. Anyway, I'm looking forward to more updates, but get some rest. I am so happy for you, and so happy that everything went so well and so quickly!

CONGRATULATIONS MAGGIE!! What a great birth story. I'm so glad Evangeline decided to come when she did.

Afterpains sure hurt, don't they? I was able to have my second baby without pain meds, but had to guzzle the Tylenol for days, to deal with the afterpains (especially while nursing!).

Does she have lots of hair? Any birth marks?

Enjoy your newest family member!
Sandra

Maggie, I am so excited for you! I'm so glad everything went well. By the way 9lbs is still a big baby! Great job Girl!! I love the name too. Best wishes for a quick recovery. Give her a kiss from me.

Kristi

Thanks for all the well wishes, ladies.

Yes, she has hair. It is tinged with red/gold highlights. The others have had brown hair (at birth anyway--3 turned blond). Our joke is that we have to keep trying until we have a red head(I have red hair and my husband carries the gene, because his mother is a red head) Could she be the one?. It's hard to say.

She has a temporary birth mark on her forhead called "angel kisses", very appropriate I think.

Susan, thanks for letting us know the date of your c-section, so we can be praying for you. It's coming up fast.

Maggie:)

Congratulations!!!Funny how life works...if you had gone in the day before as scheduled , you would not have had this experience. Enjoy your newest addition. By the way is everyone adjusting and how old are all of you chidlren?
p.s. I was born with an "angel kiss" too and it is the way my mom could tell when I was fibbing when I was little, (it would get darker)

Congrats! Great story. I'm so happy for you. You see, it was all in God's hands, wasn't it? I'm almost in tears with joy for you and your family.

PS I"m really glad that it's a girl...b/c there was quite the contraversy while you were away. ;) Great name too. Maybe someday I"ll be able to name a girl. ;)

**Melanie**
23lbs lost 10lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94
" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Melanie--We think that girl names are easier than boy names:).

Mary--our other children are: 11 yo ds, 9yo dd 6 yo dd, 4 yo ds, 2 yo ds. Life is joyfully busy and the house is rarely neat and clean looking--but I always find time to work out:7.

Maggie

Congrats, Maggie! Evangeline is a beautiful name! I know how hard this pg was for you so I am esp glad your little darling has arrived.

oh maggie

your story was just lovely. i am so happy for you and your family. how amazing! someday evangiline will ahve to hear all about it. please take good care and enjoy this special time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.