Essental Oils?

lorab

Dear Cathe,
It's me again with one other question. This diet recommend we take the Essental Oils. I'm using an organic blend made by Omega Nutrition. I take about 1-T. that is 120 cal. I'm wondering what you think of taking these. Thanks, Lora
PS I also take Vit. E and the Costco vit/min. supplement.

Hi lorab, I'm not Cathe obviously, and I hope you don't mind me piping in here :) but I wanted to let you know of my own experiences with essential fatty acids.

I use Barleans Essential Woman (flax oil, evening primrose oil, soy, rosemary) and have been for several years now (in my salad dressing, yogurt, protein shakes and drizzled over popcorn). After incorporating this into my diet, my hair, nails and skin condition improved so much, it was really unbelievable. Also, my bad cholesterol levels lowered, while the good raised. There are just so many benefits to adding EFA's into our diets, substituting EFA's for the partially hydrogenated and hydrogenated (bad) fats.

There is also quite a bit of literature in regard to all of the health benefits efa's provide.

Since I've been taking 1 tablespoon of flax seed oil per day, along with 1500 mg of evening primrose oil, my PMS literally stopped. And I had it pretty bad! And it's good for the brain, too. - Kath

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.