Equipment for STS?

jackier

Cathlete
Will it use the slanted risers? Is it too early to ask what other equipment will be used for this series?

This series sounds fabulous. I can't wait!

I saw mention of pull ups in your presale announcement. does this mean we need a pull up bar? :D

Will there be some instruction throughout the 12 week program on what kind and how much cardio to do each week?

Hi SNM,

My DH is in the military! I live overseas. I don’t have the option to go to Dick or any other big sports store! Our PX here in Grafenwoehr doesn’t carry a lot of exercise equipments. It would be nice to know before I read an instruction book what I need, so I can order all my exercise equipment from the states. :)

Thanks!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

I've got to agree, Belinda. The equipment required might be the deciding factor for me. We went through a real hassle when my husband was starting P90X, trying to outfit our house with a pull-up bar when all he really wanted to do was get going on the workout routine. In the end, it didn't work for us, as our workout area is in our basement, and all the door frames down there don't have headers because of the ceiling height. That might be a deal killer for me.

Lynda

For the most part we will use the equipment like we normally use in our weight workouts; i.e. Barbell, Dumbbells, Band/Tubing,stability ball, Yoga Mat, Step, Ankle Weights and a High Step. You will just want to make sure you have a complete set of dumbbells (light, medium and heavy) and enough weights for your barbell.

The really only other new piece of equipment this time around is something to do a pull up with and there are many inexpensive options for this. Don’t worry we will show various methods of equipment for doing a pull up or modifications ranging from tubing, ground based pull up equipment, various door mounted pull up bars to even an assisted dip and chin machine. We’re even working on our own piece of equipment for making it easy for the home exerciser to do a pull up. I will say this though…In our health club we probably have more equipment than just about any club in the country. If we had to get rid of all of our equipment and could only keep just one machine it would most definitely be the assisted dip and chin machine.

Things that could make your workout easier, but are not necessary would be equipment like “Plate Mates” which are small magnetized weighs (1 -1/4 lbs and 2 ½ lbs) that you can quickly add to your dumbbells or barbell. This will make increasing or decreasing your weights a lot simpler and will greatly reduce the amount of dumbbells you need. Push up handles or better yet the “perfect pushup” can make doing pushups more enjoyable and will help to reduce wrist stress and problems. You could use an adjustable bench press and or exercise bench instead of a step. This would be simpler and safer for most users, but is not required. Slanted risers are also nice and make setting up for declines and inclines quicker and safer. You could also purchase a squat rack for mesocycle #3, but this is not necessary and we really wouldn’t expect very many people to purchase a squat rack. This premix is really only designed for those few who already have a squat rack and would like to do a “pure strength lower body workout.

Thanks SNM,

This helps a great deal. I have most of the basic equipment already, and it's good to know you will show other methods of equipment that can be used.

Thank you so much SNM!
You guys had me worried for a second! LOL! I thought I had to buy big gym equipments in order to do STS! I do have most of the equipment you listed! I ordered a barbell (I left mine in the states with my DD and son) up to 100 pounds! That should be enough? We do have a state of the art gym here on post and they do have a squat rack! Can’t wait to re-order on Saturday! I am so excited!

Thanks again!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

HI! I bought the FLowbar (flowbar.net) following the reviews on Videofitness and its been great for use with p90x+....and more reasonable for me than a pull up bar .

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.