equipment at home

Hey everyone,
I bought STS last week with the sale, but to do the workouts at home, I know I am going to need to invest in some new equipment. All I have at home is a set of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, and 10 pound weights, a 9 pound body bar, miscellaneous resistance tubing and 2 and 5 pound ankle weights.
What equipment do you have at home to use for cathe workouts?
Money isn't quite an issue for me, but I want to buy high quality equipment!

Thanks!

I have 3, 5, 7, 10, 12, 15 & 20 lb dumbbells, the Troy Lite bar that Cathe uses - with 55# of plates. Then I got a cheap set of adjustable dumbbells that I could use for sets that are heavier than 20#, and I can use to add to my barbell. You'll need a stability ball. I also bought the tower after the first week of Meso 1 and deciding I hated doing pull-ups with tubing. After my first round of STS, I invested in the 20# adjustable weight vest and micro-load weighted gloves.

Not sure if you'll need to get weights that heavy, if you've only been using up to 10# so far. I'd do your 1RM tests and see where you need to go from there. Let's just say... the more serious you get about lifting, the more money you spend on equipment.

I've only done Meso 1 so far, so can't speak to what is needed for the other 2 phases.

I have 5, 8, and 10 lb dumbbells, Ironman adjustable dumbbells (up to 55 lbs each), tubes and bands, a weighted vest (which I haven't used yet), stability ball, and a 100-lb barbell set I bought on sale at Dick's.

I don't have the Tower; sadly, I have no place to put it! I don't like the pull-ups with tubing, so I substitute a different exercise using a band.

Here is my list of equipment; Push/pull up bar-LOVE it! Stability Ball, Body Bar, Barbell used in STS from Walmart, resistance bands, weighted gloves, medicine ball, high step, club step bench, 3,6,8, 10 pd dumbbells and plan to go higher for MESO 3 and weighted vest too.

The list of equipment I have at home would be very long, but for most workouts, I use my dumbells (I have weights ranging from 2# to 35#, plus Platemates if I need more, and I also sometimes use kettlebells for things like 1-arm rows), barbell (I have two Troy Lite bars and weights), step (used also as a bench), High Step, stability ball....

I would suggest starting the program, then adding weights as you need them (that's what I did when I did a P90X rotation: I only had 1 30# dumbell when I started, but had to buy another, then a single 35#. You'll also need a way to do pull-ups or modified pull-ups or pulldowns (a heavy resistance band with a door attachment would work for the latter).

Thanks for the feedback! I don't know all my various 1 RM, but I know for bench press alone my 1 RM is 85 (I'm 21 and have been heavy weight training for the past two years) so I know I'm going to need heavy weights.
All your input has been so helpful! Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.