Epsom salts......?

Skyeblu

Cathlete
I love to take a bath as often as I can before going to bed and hear all about how epsom salts help pull the soreness from your msucles. I am not sure if there is a bigger difference than just with plain hot water but I use it anyway. I normally buy the carton that is like milk carton size but am totally confused on how much to use, I end up throwing the whole thing it, LOL.

2 Questions:
1) How much am I supposed to use in a full bath (regular size tub) and 2) where (or if) can I buy this in big buckets/cartons to save money.

adv THANKS ance

Skye

I'd just throw in a handful or two. Doesn't it say on the side of the box somewhere?

I haven't seen it in larger containers than the "milk carton" size, but you can check at different pharmacies (don't forget Walmart) to see where it is cheapest.

Thanks Kathryn, Ya know I did a google search this morning but I always ask here first, I like getting answers from live people :D
It says on the side of the carton to put one cup per gallon of water, I'll be da@#ed if I know how many gallons of water are in my tub, LOL. Turns out it says on the epsom salt website that one to two cups is enough, just like you said.
One carton should be enough now that I won't be using the whole thing in one sitting.
Skye

Hi there, LOL you had me laughing when you said "dagged if I know how many gallons of water I use in a bath!" LOL thats for sure, how the heck are we to know!

Anyways, my massage therapist has always suggested for me to do a detox program which is using the epsom salts and vinegar. She said it really draws the toxins out! But now I can't remember how much how much she said, I will call her later this morning and ask her.

I know, I am like you in that I like to come here or to the ya ya's to ask questions first! There is such a wealth of knowledge on this board! :)

Hey Teresa,

I assume the vinegar x( goes in the tub with the salts?

If you get that answer let us know, I am always looking for ways to "un" sore myself so I can keep working out.

Thanks!

I just called her ( LOL she was in the tub!) anyways, she said she uses 1 cup epsom and 2 cupes brown vinegar.

But what is brown
>vinegar?

I assume it's apple cider vinegar (which is brown) vs. white vinegar (which is clear).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.