Emotions

wonderwoman

Cathlete
Hi all,

I was just wondering if this is happening to any other of you mommies to be. This is my third pregnancy. My first was when I was 18, my second when I was 31 and now I'm 36.
This time around my emotions have gotten the very best of me. I'm not usually an emotional person and wasnt for my first 2 pregnancies but this time around I feel like I have cried more this time than in my whole entire life!

Like for example, this morning before I left for work I had an arguement with my 17 year old about keeping her room clean something that is a normal occurance for us. While driving to work I just began to cry a tear here and there. Before I knew it was like Niagra falls.

Please tell me that this normal and will stop soon once I have my baby.I just feel like my emotions are all over the place.

Oh do I hear you on this one. Pregnancy always makes me weirdly emotional. I'm normally pretty even-keeled too so I feel kind of like some emotional alien invaded my body. This morning I got a little misty when they announced the "Mini Supreme Queen" winner on Toddlers & Tiaras. How crazy! Toddler pageants aren't my thing - I watch this for a little chuckle sometimes. It is so weird and uncomfortable to feel like you're not yourself. I try to keep it together in front of my 3 year old (might be harder with a 17 year old!), but I think my husband understands this time around. For me I was still a little overly emotional for about 2-3 weeks after I had my daughter (same after a few miscarriages I had over the past couple years). So, in my experience, yes it does end!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.