Email discussion list??

Topica

Hi Debbie,
I was clueless too when I went to topica.com. But all there was to it was first searching for "cathe" to find the group I wanted to join, then filling in some info (name, email address, etc.) and submit, then had to wait for about 24 hrs. till I got an email informing me that my subscription to the topica cathe group had been accepted. I was not able to post to the topica list until I received this confirmation email. It seemed confusing but actually was easy and harmless. The topica list is very very slow though, the one at egroups has a bit more volume (but it too is very slow when compared to the firmlist.)
Hope this helps a bit--just give a yell if you've got anymore questions. :)
Debbie

RE: Topica

What happens now? Do you just get a bunch of emails? What are you posting to, some sort of board like here? When you say slow, do you mean slow to load or just not a lot of activity going on.

Thanks!
Andrea

RE: Topica

By "slow", I mean not a lot of activity. What happens now is yes, you get some emails, whatever emails are posted by all the other people who have subscibed to the list. And you can send emails too. Whoever has subscribed to the list gets all of the emails which are sent by all the other subscibers, and they come in to your inbox. It's not a "board" like this, cuz you don't have to go to a website, you just have to go to your inbox. I hope I'm explaining this in an understandable way! If not, give a yell!
Debbie

Thanks Debbie!

I think I'll give it a try. Sounds kinda weird so I'll take it for a test ride to see how I like it. Thanks for answering all my q's.

Andrea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.